Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A challenge

Responding to the challenge that Donna, from Funky Junk Interiors, posted, I asked myself, what could be done with this? Donna asked readers to create something gutsy, step out of our comfort zones, and create something that we had never seen before.Daddy has all kinds of wonderful "treasures" in the shop. My brothers call it junk. This was used to collect turpentine previously, so what could I do with it now




I went outside to look for inspiration, found free goodies, including this cool looking stick.


A silly goat that wanted to help, meaning eat my finds! No, she is not part of the end result, she just likes the attention.


Brought my treasures inside and decided to just play, forgetting that if someone saw this, they may not like it. This is what I came up with.


My trip outside was helpful, there were pecan leaves, pecans, and sticks, all free for the taking. Admittedly I have never seen anyone use pecan leaves in an arrangement. Forgetting that it was unusual to use pecan leaves, I continued working with the ideas in my head. I had to do a little shopping around my house to find extra goodies. I used some vintage jewelry, and items that were displayed elsewhere around the house.


The new vignette is on the table in the entry. I am pleased with it, really had to step outside of normal way of decorating to get this look, but so very glad that I did! Thanks for the challenge Donna!
Posted by PicasaThis challenge was a learning experience in several ways. I am learning to use a digital camera, and still have a lot to learn, but had to start somewhere. I am learning how to blog, and continue to learn about how I want my home to look and function for us. Thanks for the challenge Donna, and making me learn new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!