Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cotton Picking Time

Posted by Picasa
This is one of my favorite times of year. I love seeing the fields of white, sadly there are not as many white fields this year. The drought has taken a large toll on crops this year.
When the cotton pickers descend on the fields and begin harvesting the cotton, the most heavenly fragrance fills the air. I wish that I could bottle it and keep it to smell all year long. The first sniff of this fragrance sends me into my childhood, and I am playing in a wagon of cotton. Daddy is there with me, and we are laughing. Sweet memories!
Time marches on, technology has changed the way crops are harvested, but the scent has remained the same, and the memories grow sweeter each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!