Friday, November 18, 2011

Junk Shelf


This is one of the last projects that Daddy and I worked on before he became sick. Don't remember where I got the idea, but I found a frame at a yard sale for a quarter. Daddy had the wood on hand, and the stain was a mixture of what we had on hand.


Daddy built this together on a Saturday afternoon in about an hour.


I wanted a place to display some of my Willow Tree Angels and thought that this would be a good place.


I was not looking for a perfect piece that would look store bought, I wanted a piece that looked like this one. A piece that was built with what we had on hand at the moment. It took some coaxing on my part to convince Daddy to do it that way, Daddy is a perfectionist, and was not pleased with this piece, I however was pleased.


Willow Tree Angels are special, there are angels for the special times in life. These are gifts from family.





Posted by Picasa
The cost for this project was a quarter, the cost of the shelf, and the time that we spent building this shelf. . The wood, hardware and stain were things that Daddy or I had on hand.
Linking to Farm Girl Friday at Deborah Jean

4 comments:

  1. What really makes this special is the memories you made with your dad while working on it together. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan! We had a lot of fun that afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you and your dad worked on this project together - not only is it beautiful, it is full of great memories, which makes it an heirloom for your family!

    Glad you stopped by my Blog.
    Love to make new bloggy friends.
    I signed on to follow so I'll be baaaack!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!