Wednesday, November 30, 2011

This and That

This was not supposed to happen! Yes, these little kits are cute, but it is cold here. Not the kind of weather Daisy prefers for raising babies. There are 5 of these little kits. Daisy always has 1 black kit in every litter.

The accident occurred because I thought that my sweet Peony, was a doe. The picture above is proof that I was wrong. I thought that Peony was so sweet and such a happy little bunny, now I know why he was happy. He had 3 girls in his pen! Needless to say, my sweet Peony now lives alone.

My Christmas cactus is blooming! I look forward to these blooms all year! This is one that Mama gave me several years ago.

Posted by Picasa
Last night we carried chili and hot dogs to Mama and Daddy's house for supper. Each time that I am there, I look for that part of my Daddy that is still there. Sometimes all I get is a tiny piece. I choose to do this because I can't spend the time that we have left together mourning what Alzheimer's has stolen from me, I have to focus on what I still have.
Last night I didn't get that tiny piece, I got truckloads! Daddy was himself last night. We all laughed so hard and had so much fun. If laughter is jogging for your insides, we all had a workout last night! My sides are sore this morning. Despite this beast called Alzheimer's, there are pieces of my Daddy still there, and I will continue to search for those pieces every time that I visit.
When I left I bent down and kissed his cheek like I always do, he kissed my cheek as usual and stopped me before I stood up, and told me to be careful going home, deer are moving and he told me that he loved me. I felt my eyes fill up with tears, but tried to hide them from him. Every moment that I spend with him is a treasure. Alzheimer's can take his memory, damage his body, and in the end take him from me entirely, but the man inside is still my Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Babies? I bet you WERE surprised! LOL

    I have been through Alz's with my Dad, so I totally know
    what you mean and how joyous it is to be with your Dad on
    a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sweet Tea! It is good to be with him on a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!