Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mama's House At Christmas

Mama has graciously allowed me to share a few pictures from her house. My parents home is a wonderful place to visit every year, no matter how many times that I will walk through their door in the Christmas season, it is new to me each time.
The stockings were made by Mama several years ago.
The ornaments that are one this tree are a combination of ornaments my parents have accumulated all of their married lives, and gifts from family and friends.



One of my favorite tree toppers is this one. I was expecting my daughter when I found this angel. There are special memories attached to this particular angel and it makes me happy when I see it on top of my parents tree. It isn't just because I gave it to her, it is the memories that go with this tree topper.



Mama's collection of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls, along with a couple of Santas and a special bear are displayed underneath the tree.


This manger scene has been displayed every Christmas of my life.


A vintage Christmas stocking displayed in the kitchen.


A vignette at the back door.




A vintage Santa is at the back door to greet visitors.


Buddy couldn't be left out of the pictures.


The dining room table is ready for the family.



Posted by Picasa
Thanks for stopping by, Mama has said that we are welcome anytime.
Thanks Mama, we will be back again!

2 comments:

  1. nice post thanks for sharing...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Soraya and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!