Saturday, January 28, 2012

Early Spring?

The arrival of daffodils is always a reminder that winter will not last forever. Last year I jumped for joy when the flowers appeared. This year, the daffodils arrived early.


Winter never really got started here. We have had some cold weather, but nothing to compare with last year.

Daffodils are a welcome sight, I can't help but smile when I see their sunny, happy, little faces spring up from the cold dead ground.



My "helper" is happy to see them too. Miss Mary feels that she should be a part of whatever it is that I am doing.

Posted by Picasa
We enjoy these flowers, but we keep in mind that this is South Georgia, and anything is still possible when it comes to the weather here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie! Oh, I love Daffs and what a wonderful sight and I'm sure you're enjoying them. Your kitty is so sweet! Thank you for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia!! Yes, I do enjoy them!!! Miss Mary is as sweet as her picture!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie,
    We have some daffodils blooming in our yard, too. I've never seen them bloom so early.I'm really worried about the buds on the azaleas because you know we are going to have some cold weather again. Your photograph of the daffodils is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, We are just now starting to have a few poke through the ground, here i West Virginia! I love your pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!