Tuesday, February 28, 2012

More Warm Weather Dreams

Looking back at these pictures from last year, I find myself thinking for a few moments about warm weather.



Winter months are planning and sewing months for me, but I hear my little side porch calling me.

Calling me to give it a good scrubbing, do the needed paint touch ups, and plan the flowers that will be there this year.


The days are growing longer and warmer here.


If I had about 5 more of "me", then I know that I could get more done, maybe....



My flower beds would be perfect, my garden would produce beyond expectations, my animals would be overly cared for, my home would perfect, my family the most cared for, and the other one of me could relax, or not!



That however is not the case. This is a blog about a very imperfect woman and a very imperfect life. There are not enough hours in the day by my standards, but my standards are not the perfect standards. God gave us the amount of hours that He knew we needed, not what we thought that we needed. So with that knowledge, I move on, and accomplish what I can in the time that I have. Caring for my parents remains at the top of my list, the things that I do not finish today will be here, and if they do not get finished, then they just do not get finished.


Posted by Picasa


I appreciate each reader of this blog, if you are a regular, or if you have just stopped by, I appreciate you! You have lifted my spirits more than you will know in times that I needed it so much! Thank you, wish I could hug you all!!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie! Amen to your post. It would be nice to be perfect (I guess) and have all the time we needed to get everything done but that's not how it's supposed to be, is it? I understand about caring for your parents. My Daddy's in heaven but I am almost the mother to my 88 year old mother now! :)
    Thank you for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila!! I always love to hear from you and love popping in to see you!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie..what a lovely post. You must be closer to warmer weather than were are here in Kansas although maybe this year your winter has been a strange one like it has been here. All over the world it seems! I LOVE your porch in the header!! I wish ours was larger but if all goes well we will have a porch this year once the fellows start taking down one of our buildings. Well taking part of it down. I have a screened porch waiting to be built that I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to but I don't like to think about it too much or I start getting impatient...and that's not good ;) Anyway...you can only do what you can do and no more. You have quite a job in caring for your parents and that is the most important and probably the most taxing at times but I'm sure it is the most rewarding. Enjoy when you can..do WHAT you can and that's all you can do. Most of all...enjoy the good times.
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Maura! I am in Georiga, so yes, closer to warm weather. It has been a strange winter, not terribly cold at all, meaning more bugs this year, yuck!! Hoping that your porch gets completed soon!! I understand wanting it to be ready!

      Yes, caring for parents is difficult, taxing, rewarding and a privilige to be able to do. I would not stop, whatever else has to be put aside, has to be put aside. They took care of me, and I will take care of them! Yes, enjoy the good times, the memories will stay with me when I don't have them any more!

      Delete
  3. I totally understand what you're saying too.
    Spring will be here and the flowers will soon be fading before we know it. I've cared for the aging in the past and know what a responsibility and a blessing it can be.

    I love the photo of the rockers on your porch.

    take care and have a great week, Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it is a responsibility and a blessing to be able to care for my parents. When I hear my Daddy tell me that he enjoyed something that I cooked for him, I am reminded of why I choose the privilige of helping them!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post--love that wall color behind those chairs! The flowers are lovely. Life is busy, isn't it?! I don't work outside my home and I just don't understand how woman that do manage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is busy, and my hat is off to the women that work in additional job! I have been there!!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed this post over my morning coffee. There's nothing like springtime on a farm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You are right, there is nothing like springtime on a farm!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!