Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Attic Room Progress

Remember this bench from yesterday's post? Rather shabby looking isn't she?


This bench had gotten a stain somehow. Mama had recovered this bench while it was useable, it hasn't been used since I was a child.


This bench got a fresh coat of paint and new material. Just now noticing the dents in the fabric, looks like my so called helper, Atticus has been investigating this "new" bench. It is sitting in front of a window, but looks so much better now! She is once again respectable!


There was not a before picture of this shelf for a reason, just trust me it was ugly. Not that it is lovely now, but it is not as offensive to look at now. My Daddy would smile if he could understand what I did.


There is still a lot to do!! I decided to spend a little time there every day until this project is completed. Many days I wish that I could choose to do a project and work on it until it is complete, real life has a different idea though!
Posted by Picasa
There is still furniture that needs to be painted, and the room is in need of a spring cleaning too. The work never ends. More to come later.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie - so glad to have found your Blog. I love to see you creativity used on a Budget. I've been browsing through some past posts and love what I see. I'm a new Follower, so I'll be baaaack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you stopped by for a visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you are doing--it is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy!! I have a long way to go still!!

      Delete
  4. Your bench got a whole new life! What a fabulous make-over! This would look so pretty in my home too!!!!!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Yvonne and thank you for stopping by for a visit!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!