Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Attic Room Progress


The room may not be complete yet, but there has been progress.


This is an imperfect room, and the plan is to keep it that way. The closet door has a homemade latch on it. I love the old look, no plans to change that! There is a mirror that will hang over the chest of drawers, but it shows the rest of the room, and it is incomplete.

The ever helpful Atticus has been supervising progress.


This painting was purchased years ago at an estate sale, and had found its way to the attic some time ago.


The painting was done years ago, the typewriter came from another room, and Daddy made the desk. The shelf was sitting unused in the attic, and has been repainted. Everything in these pictures was already on hand, the only thing that has been purchased so far is a curtain rod. The furniture has been painted, but the paint was free. We even had the brush on hand.

Posted by Picasa
This is truly an old attic room, there is no electricity on this side of the room. None, not even a light, so that has to be dealt with in some way. There is still so much to do, but this is the progress thus far.

10 comments:

  1. This room is really coming along! I enjoy seeing it as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been hard work, and there is still a lot to do!

      Delete
  2. I love how the walls were built in that room. Love the old typewriter too. I've been eyeing them at antique stores lately. May try buying one someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! One of the things that I have loved is that the previous owners wanted to maintain the integrity of the home and were careful with their renovations.

      Delete
  3. I am loving your attic room! The colors are so soft and lovely and the charm of the vintage pieces are perfect!

    So nice stopping by to visit with you!
    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine!! It has been a fun project to work on! The soft blue has given the room a peaceful feeling.

      Delete
  4. Your Attic Room is coming together nicely. It looks like it will be very cozy when you're all done with it.
    So far I like what you've done. I especially like the fact that you've repuposed things you've already had with no out of pocket,except the rod!
    That is my kind of decorating~ Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you like my special room!! Ideas keep popping in my head for different things, so far there hasn't been more money spent! Hope that it will be cozy and confortable when it is finished! Thanks for visiting!!!!

      Delete
  5. I stop by your site to thank you for your comment and to let you know I am now following you. I about had a heart attack when I saw Atticus. She looks so much like my cat Chinn . She died several years ago. I hope you don't mind I am putting your web site under post I am following So when you write a new post everyone will know. If you don't want me to do this please let me know and I will remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Michelle!!! I am glad that you came by to visit and no I do not mind!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!