Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Scenes

We haven't had much of a winter here, spring has come early, not that I am complaining! Even if winter wasn't difficult, can't help but find myself excited about spring.


When this Bridal Wreath Bush blooms, I know that warm weather is almost here. The blooms don't last long, but they are lovely when they make their annual appearance.


What would spring be without babies? These guys are growing too fast!


The fig tree that I was so afraid that we had lost last year has put out leaves. Can't wait for fresh figs!

The ducks are always happy to have the opportunity to play in the pool! Warm weather gives these girls the desire to play even more.


Chives are blooming!
Posted by Picasa
Warm weather makes me want to nap and day dream, but that doesn't get anything done! There are so many chores to be done this time of year, there is no time to relax too much. Thanks for stopping by for a visit and we hope that you are enjoying spring too!
Joining Dandelion House for Farmgirl Friday
and
White Wolf Summit for Farmgirl Friday

16 comments:

  1. I love baby goats and you aren't kidding( pun NOT intended!) about the amount of chores! I hurt from head to toe and smell like a goat! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I know exactly what you mean!! But I have enjoyed my boys, work and all!!

      Delete
  2. Those goats are adorable! Love the snap shots of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny!! Glad that you enjoyed!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Melanie! Love seeing all the snaps around your place. Those little kids are darling! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia!! The kids are growing so fast!! It ias always a pleasure to drop by and visit you!!

      Delete
  4. I love that bridal wreath bush! I've never heard of that before. I wonder if it would grow in my region. Love your precious goats and ducks too. So sweet! That must be fun having them around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, the bush was here when we moved in, my Mama told me it was a bridal wreath bush, sadly the blooms are finished for the year, it doesn't last long enough, only a few days. But it is lovely when it is in bloom! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  5. fun fun pics!! I put some chives from the garden on our potatoes tonight..yea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you enjoyed the pics! Can't beat fresh herbs! Makes me anxious for more fresh things from the garden!!

      Delete
  6. Melanie, I love spring no matter when it comes...it always makes me happy! The flowers are beautiful on the bush...and also look like a spring snow when they fall of. Lovely! Patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy! So glad that spring is here!!

      Delete
  7. I love your images. The blooms are so pretty and the babies are way too cute. Thank you for sharing them all. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi!! The babies have been so much fun!!

      Delete
  8. hey there ~ just found your blog...want to let you know i host a garden party on thursdays...next thursday (may 3rd it starts back up again)....hope to see you come over and link up! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the invite!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!