Monday, April 16, 2012

Attic Room Lighting

Posted by Picasa
We have a lighting fixture now!
This fixture hung in the dining room, it was here when we moved in. The fixture was replaced and we saved this one. It sat in that barn, waiting for an opportunity to come back inside. We cleaned it up and my husband removed the wiring. It was given a couple of coats of white spray paint. The lights will be the small candle lights that are battery operated. There is no electricity on this side of the attic room, so a creative solution was needed.
The paint was a can that we already had, the chain was leftover from another project, and the hook in the ceiling was another leftover. This project is still under the $50 budget, with the only purchase being a curtain rod.

10 comments:

  1. I love repurposing things, too. I especially love a project that turns out great with zero dollars spent. The chandelar looks perfect in the attic. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, I am so glad that you found me and are following!!! Thank you!! On my way to check out your blog now!

      Delete
  2. That looks great in there. Great idea to use it with candles since there isn't any electricity. You might want to get the remote control type of battery operated candles since it's up high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did no know there was such a thing as remote controlled candles, but excited to make that discovery! Have used only a couple of bucks out of my budget, so it is a possibility! thanks for sharing Kelly!

      Delete
  3. Hello, love your chandelier painted white and it looks perfect in the room - just reading the comment above - remote battery candles? fascinating...you learn something new every day,
    Have a great week,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Was happy to hear about them, now have to find them!!

      Delete
  4. I like it!

    I'm trying to come up with an idea for extra lighting in our small bedroom. We only have 1 outlet for the A/C and 1 over head light; which isn't the greatest!

    I like the battery operated idea. Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! Will let you know what I find, and where I find them!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!