Thursday, April 26, 2012

Boneless Hot Wings a.k.a. Hot Bites

The only problem that I have found with these Hot Bites, is that there are never enough! Baking the chicken makes it tender and the sauce sticks to the meat better too.

Melt about 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a baking dish. Add about 2 tablespoons of oil to the melted butter. I use olive oil, we like the flavor.


 

In a plastic container, combine flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Cut boneless, skinless chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Flour the chicken. I keep a plastic bowl in the freezer and refill with seasoned flour as needed.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 1 hour, turning chicken halfway through.


 

While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce. Melt one stick of butter or margarine in a pan. Remove the melted butter from the heat and add the vinegar, paprika, and hot sauce to the melted butter. Stir well. Allow to cool and pour the sauce into a bowl.


 

Remove the chicken from the oven and place in the bowl that contains the hot sauce. Stir gently to coat all of the chicken pieces.


 

Serve warm with sauce of your choice, french fries, cheddar biscuits, and jalapeno poppers!


 
Posted by Picasa

Hot Bites
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized pieces
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the butter in the dish to melt, when melted, add the olive oil, stir gently to combine. Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and coat with flour. Place the floured pieces in baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and turn chicken pieces, return to oven for 30 minutes. While chicken is baking prepare the sauce.

Sauce
! stick butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 small bottle hot sauce

Melt butter in a pot, remove from heat and add the vinegar, paprika, and garlic powder. Add the hot sauce to taste, I use about half of a small bottle, use more if you want it hotter. Stir until all are combined allow to cool.
Stir and pour into a bowl just before chicken comes out of oven. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and stir gently making sure that all of the chicken is coated with the sauce. Serve immediately.

Joining
Miz Helen's Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday

Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday

12 comments:

  1. Yum every thing look's so delishious.
    Thank you for your dear comment's on my blog, I do appreciate the kindness shown.
    Love,Debbie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Debbie!! I enjoy your blog!!

      Delete
  2. WOW! Everything looks so good! A special meal for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! These are always a hit at my house!

      Delete
  3. Those look yummy! I love hot spicy food. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you can make em as hot as you like!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Melanie,
    Those Hot Bites will be a great addition to summertime entertaining! Your recipe looks awesome. Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. my weekness...is this...my husband and I go out for wings and beer on Friday night..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These hot bites are a weakness for me too!!

      Delete
  6. Yum Yum!!! I just found your blog on foodie friday. I'll host a party every month with a different theme and would love you to join! Please visit my blog for more information on "My Sweet Party" post uploaded 2nd of May.

    http://www.meandmysweets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-sweet-party-chocolate-cake-love.html

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite Johanna! Thanks for visiting me too!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!