Friday, April 6, 2012

Cinnamon Coffee Syrup

Living in a rural area, visiting a coffee shop is not a possibility. Purchasing these syrups at grocery stores is costly.What's a girl to do but learn to make her own. The ingredients are simple.
You will need
2 cups of water
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon vanilla


Pour the water into a heavy saucepan and add the sugar, cinnamon sticks and vanilla. Stir well and bring to a boil. Let this simmer gently for about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and place a lid on top and allow to cool.

When the syrup cools, it is ready to use. Use syrup to taste, I like to add 1 teaspoon to my coffee along with a healthy splash of milk.


Serve your coffee in pretty cups and share with a good friend for best taste! This is a cup that I picked up at a yard sale. Just thought that it was so pretty!



Posted by Picasa
Cinnamon Coffee Syrup
2 cups water
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pour water into heavy saucepan, add sugar, cinnamon sticks, and vanilla and stir well. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and place a lid on top of pan, let sit until cool.
Joining Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday
and
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Night Special

10 comments:

  1. That's a good idea to make you own like that. I agree serving coffee in tea cups makes it taste better. Why is that?! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is cheaper to make your own. Yes, your mind does think that it is better! LOL!!

      Delete
  2. Ooo...sounds yummy for Fall/Winter. I pinned this to my "Recipes to try" board. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it all year long!! Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  3. I find it difficult to even find cinnamon syrup which is my favorite. I will be making this very soon. Do you know if this can be stored and for how long? I would love to give as a gift to friends too. Side note, my name is Melody but I get called Melanie all the time. :) I am following my email now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody, in the wintertime I leave it out on the counter, in the summertime, I put it in the fridge. Don't know how long it will keep, it doesn't last long here!

      I laughed when I read your comment, I get called Melody all of the time! Glad to have you following!!

      Delete
  4. Melanie,
    I can't wait to make this cinnamon syrup! Like you it's a bit of a trek for me into town plus if I make it, I know what's in it! I enjoy seeing your goats too, we have a couple of very old rescued goats that we got mainly for pasture management, and are hoping to get a couple younger goats next year for our boys to raise and do 4H with. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, Hope that you enjoy the syrup! You bing up an additional reason to make that syrup, so you know what is in it! 4H is really great for kids! Give them some wonderful opportunites! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm this sounds and looks wonderful Melanie! I'm going to copy this recipe out and try this on a chilly day. Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy Maura! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!