Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Musing - The Atticus Fan Club

 
Posted by Picasa
Recently at the vet’s office, a member of the staff stopped to tell me that she enjoyed reading my newspaper column, now this was the highest compliment that I have received. She knows Atticus, and continues to read this column. The day that he was dropped off for his “special surgery”, I let them know about the real Atticus. Now in his defense, he does not act the same way at the vet’s office that he does at home. He is much better behaved at the vet’s office, but I was concerned about how he would act. I know how he acts when it is time to put him in his carrier for a trip to the vet. Perhaps it is his plan to make these good people believe that he is well behaved, increasing the amount of fans he has. Atticus was not supposed to be my cat, he was supposed to live with my daughter. You can see how that worked out. Now she can’t have him, besides she has a cat. My daughter knows how Atticus acts, and the mischief that he is capable of causing. After reading about our Christmas tree mishap last year, she called me to offer support, and to tell me that she was on Team Mom, not Team Atticus. There are people in my life that I call “friends”, yet they defend Atticus, and scratch his head and tell him that they don’t believe he does the things are written about him. Obviously, these traitors are on Team Atticus. Perhaps I will hand the phone to Atticus the next time one of them calls. Atticus’ newest fan is Honey, a Pomeranian/Pekinese mix. They have become partners in mischief, and drink from the same water bowl, to tell you how fond Atticus is of Honey. Atticus can open doors and he does so for Honey, allowing her into any room that she desires. This mischievous duo will pretend to be innocent; however it is my belief that Honey is being led astray by Atticus. Honey will have to learn the truth about Atticus, or maybe she is his friend because Atticus pretends to be a gentleman and open doors for her. Whatever the reason, Honey is the newest fan for Atticus, and there is one less member of Team Mom.

4 comments:

  1. What a cute post! I love these little Atticus stories. That little stinker!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia!! He is a stinker!!

      Delete
  2. He looks so adorable--but I can see the naughty-ness in his eyes!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mischeif is his middle name!! LOL!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!