Sunday, April 22, 2012

New Chicks

There were new arrivals this weekend! We placed 10 eggs in the incubator 20 days ago, Saturday morning, this was the first arrival.

 
We had heard peeping Saturday morning.


 

It is amazing to watch! I wanted to help so very badly, but helping can kill the chick. So I sat and cheered them on!


 
Hatching is hard work for these little chicks!


 

Finally free from the shell, this chick has learned to walk.


 

3 chicks have hatched so far, and there are pips on a couple of more eggs.


 
Not the best picture, but this was the first to hatch.


 

Posted by Picasa
Hoping to wake up and find the others have hatched. There are pips on the other shells, and we hear peeping coming from the eggs!

10 comments:

  1. It is something isn't it? My first hatch I stood and watched for hours couldn't do anything else. You have a cute chick...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I sat there last night and watched the third chick hatch, it is still amazing to me!

      Delete
  2. oh how cool. I've not ever seen this little miracle happen 'live and in person'!

    I hope to get to see this from personal experience.
    So glad you posted pictures. Congrats on your new chick!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope that you get to see it too Pat! It is amazing to watch!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that is so sweet. New life is so amazing. My husband used to raise leopard geckos and we had so much fun watching them hatch too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, new life is amazing!! I have never seen leopard geckos hatch, must have been amazing to watch also!

      Delete
  4. Oh Melanie, I have never seen this miracle! So glad you had to photos to record it. I have watched kittens being born and were mesmerized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miracle is an accurate description!! Kittens are amazing to watch too! The momiies seem to love their babies immediately!

      Delete
  5. Awesome post... thank you for sharing these fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I enjoyed taking these pics!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!