Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Porch Lighting

 
Posted by Picasa

This is my "new" porch light fixture. I took the picture over the weekend, yesterday was so windy that I did not work on the porch at all! Glass jars with candles will provide the lighting.
This is truly JUNK!! When my parents took the whirlpool tub out of the downstairs bath, we salvaged the boards, this was part of the tub surround. It was sitting in the backyard shed. I have seen the pictures using an old ladder for a light fixture, did not have an old ladder, but had this piece of leftover wood! The chain was leftover from a previous project, the jars will be leftovers too. The wire used to hang the jars will be salvaged as well. The only cost will be the purchase of battery operated candles!!

4 comments:

  1. This is so great!
    Our front porch is dark...the light, is actually on the outside of the porch, and illuminates the steps and the walk.
    We'd have to run some wire to have a porch light-- but this is something even I could do!
    Very clever-- may give this a try.
    I have pickle jars I'm saving for recycle-- they would be perfect.

    yours looks great. ~Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I wanted it, no wiring!! I will be using recycled jars too!
      Thanks Pat!!

      Delete
  2. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share your information to us.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I am glad that you like this blog!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!