Thursday, May 3, 2012

Almost Finished Screened Porch

Work on the screened porch came to a halt last week. Seasonal allergies combined with some very windy days prevented us from completing the work. As you can see, our supervisor Miss Mary was not very happy. After all, she has watched the progress of this porch, and has hopes that she will be able to enjoy the use of this porch once it is completed.

 
The light fixture is in place. We are thinking about adding a ceiling fan also.


 

Because we live in an area that experiences so much heat, we will use battery operated candles for this fixture.

 

It seems that one thing I overlooked, was that screened porches get dirty. Yesterday this new porch received a scrubbing. Last week's wind left a thick coat of pollen and dust on the porch.

 

Cushions are needed for the chairs, but after the wind we had last week, I am glad that I waited!

 

These hand painted pictures were purchased about 3 years ago at a yard sale, in the hopes of putting the pictures on the porch.

 

This tray is another yard sale find. I fell in love with the colors, and like the picture, hoped to use it on the screened porch.

 

Posted by Picasa
Miss Mary is going to be very disappointed, she will not be using this porch.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie! OH, how wonderful it must be to be getting your screened in porch all ready! Hope your allergies are better! I can tell your little kitty is a big help! Can't wait to see it all finished.
    About the homemade soap, am I using too much per load? I've seen some folks only use a couple of tablespoons! :)

    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Mary has excellent supervisory skills, sadly that is all that she does.

      I use about 1/4 scoop, the scoop that was in my last purchased detergent, and my clothes are coming out clean and fresh smelling. don't know how much that equals out to, maybe 3 or so tablespoons? I will have to measure and find out for sure! Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  2. OH Melanie...a screened porch you lucky girl! Hubby has promised me one here on the farm ...in fact I think he figured that's how he'd get me to say YES to buying this old run down farm ;) Alas we've been so busy fixing the house and other buildings and cleaning the land up that the screened porch has been shelved for a while. He says maybe this fall...we'll see. You've got some wonderful things to put out on your porch..I can't wait to see it when it's all done and you've had fun decorating! I hope your allergies are better this week. Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only took me 5 years to get this one! I can't hardly wait to get it finished, not enough hours in the day!! Thanks Maura!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!