Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Few More Pics From the Garden

My gardening experience has been limited. We lived in an apartment for a long time, the only gardening that I was able to do was in pots. My hands longed to work in the dirt, and now that dream is a reality. Perhaps I am not the most experienced, but I love playing with plants.


 
Does a garden need a cat? Mine has one, she was caught in the act of drinking out of the fountain, so much for the idea of getting fish.


 
A few perennials were added to the garden this year.


 
This shot was taken in the morning, the dew still clings to the leaves.


 
Bought this stone a couple of years ago, it has faded, but loved the words. It is a reminder to me!


 
Daisies make me smile, if Daisies were people, they would be happy people!


 
Posted by Picasa

There is still a lot for me to learn about gardening, but if I reach a point where the belief that all the knowledge needed has been obtained, then I am not growing!  Gardening is a challenge, but the rewards are lovely!

Joining

Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Garden Party

16 comments:

  1. I have been gardening for 30+ years and I am always learning! Pretty garden photos!

    So nice stopping by to say Hi!
    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine, I am so glad that you came by for a visit!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Lorraine... always something new to learn. That's why it is both rewarding and challenging.

    Love your landscaping, very pretty Melanie! Thank you so much for stopping by and following. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy!!! It ahs been trial and error for me!

      Delete
  3. your garden looks great, and i too enjoy spending some time in my garden in the morning.

    i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Betty!!! I am so glad that you visited! Morning is the best time in the garden to me, it is so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learn something about gardening every day! I like the challenge too. We are finally getting some much needed rain. Your flowers are looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you are getting rain!!! It rained here yesterday, we were thrilled!!!! Thanks Jane!!

      Delete
  6. I am also learning about gardening as I go along. I've read books and magazines but I've found its better to "live and learn." Thanks for sharing, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy!! You are right experience is the best teacher!

      Delete
  7. Your garden is so pretty! The fact that you have a pond in it is even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly!! We enjoy the sound of that little pond!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!