Saturday, June 16, 2012

I Am A Copy Cat

This was not my idea, it was copied from Donna. If you haven't visited her site, then you are really missing a treat! Check it out here at Funky Junk Interiors. She provides a wealth of inspiration!

I love her style! She made an amazing tray for Mother's Day, when I saw it I fell in love. This tray was made similar to hers, but I didn't have a great branch on hand, so we used a dowel. I may be saying "we", but my husband built this tray.


 
He used the wood from a pallet and the an old dowel for the handles. The tray was stained with a stain that we had on hand, and the ivy stencil was a stencil we had on hand. This stencil has been used countless times! The green paint was another supply from my stash. But wait, I did buy the table cloth last week at a yard sale for a quarter!


 

My husband put the tray together and I stained and painted it. I am pleased with how it turned out! It is not exactly like Donna's tray, and I didn't take the time to make coasters as she did, but I still like it!

 

Donna has a gorgeous black cat, this is only a kitten, guess that it really looks like I am trying to mimic Donna! That was just luck, this guy showed up with his Mom, he is gorgeous though! He has a  new home waiting for him, and will be leaving this weekend. Gonna miss him though!
I want our home to reflect my style, using inspiration from Funky Junk and other blogs thrown in. There are so many wonderful ideas in blog land, I am always amazed at what I see! I attempt to use things that I like, and tailor the ideas to my likings. That is the point of sharing isn't it?

 

This tray is perfect, so glad that Donna showed the idea on her blog and provided the inspiration!

 
Posted by Picasa
Thanks Donna! Your tray was fun to create!

8 comments:

  1. So cute!
    don't you just blogging inspiration?
    I think the stencil is a nice touch and the cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! That inspiration is awesome!!!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful! I love your tray and your own take on it. It's perfect!

    And I love the kitten too... if I lived near you I'd scoop her right up! :)

    What an honour... thank you so much for the mention and your generous words!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the inspiration Donna, I continue to watch what you do! Thanks for the visit too!!!!

      Delete
  3. Your tray looks great! It looks perfect for your country home. That little black kitten is darling. I'm all about kittens these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy!! I knew that you would like the kitten!!! He is a sweetie!!!

      Delete
  4. I agree--there ARE lots of talented people out in blogland! And, I enjoy getting to know so many of them through their writings and photos! I'm a new follower! I thought I was already following you but found I wasn't--so I fixed that! lol Thanks for stopping by the farm. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks from one farmer's daughter to another!!! Thanks for following and visiting me!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!