Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Potting Bench

 A potting bench has been on my list of wants for awhile. My brother and husband get the credit for this one. My brother offered the wood and my husband built the potting bench. A couple of years ago we attended a moving sale and there was a huge plastic container filled with nails and screws of varying sizes. My husband paid about $10 for the container, it has been used countless times.


 
My husband offered to build one for me, naturally I was happy to accept his offer!


 
Like so many of the projects that we do around here, this was a no cost project. We used what we had on hand.


 

There were no fancy plans, I just simply described what I wanted, and he built it.

 
My brother jokes that he built that deck just so he could age the wood to the proper color, knowing that I would need it for a potting bench!


 
Posted by Picasa
I am happy with the way it turned out and happier with the cost!

This bench sits on the side porch, and sometimes a cat can be found napping here, or enjoying a bath!

Linking to

Funky Junk Interiors
Pallets and Reclaimed Wood

6 comments:

  1. Cute bench!
    I think it is wonderful that you have a brother that would painstakingly go to the trouble of building a deck to age some wood for you.
    I have a brother with a similar willingness...aren't brother's the greatest? (I don't have any sisters, can you tell?)

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, not every brother would go to that trouble for his sister! I don't have a sister either! Those brothers are pretty special!

      Delete
  2. Love the bench..husbands can come in so handy sometimes!:)How is the doggy doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they can! LOL!! She is doing great, settling in just fine!!

      Delete
  3. I came back here again after seeing this at FJI party tonight...March 2013... anyway...I see I already posted a comment. I still feel the same! :)
    Plus, I *Pinned* it!
    Maybe I might try my hand at something like this this year!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat!! Can't wait to see what you create!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!