Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Musing - The One Who Adores Me

 
Posted by Picasa
Atticus has the perfect life, and he knows it. His days are spent sleeping, dreaming of new ways to cause mischief and demanding food at odd times. He wakes up to eat, puts his new plans into action, and then quickly returns to his nap. If I scold him for his behavior, he stops, walks towards me and rubs against my legs.
Why would anyone tolerate this behavior you may ask? The answer is simple – Atticus adores me. I am the most important thing in his world; almost everything that I do is wonderful to Atticus. If I go outside, he finds a window to watch me. When I shower he sits and waits for me, occasionally checking to make sure that the water is not too hot. He likes my singing and enjoys hearing me play the piano. Atticus hops up onto my stool and stares at every painting that I do as if it were a masterpiece. Atticus sits in my lap when I type, sleeping contentedly. He doesn’t care how my hair looks, ignores my morning breath and could care less if I am wearing my favorite t-shirt and painting jeans. He loves me as is, imperfections and all. I am a wonder in his eyes.
Atticus would have been a handsome man, except for the fact that he is slightly cross eyed. If Atticus had been a man, I would have said “Kevin who”? Because my husband does not do the things that Atticus does. He has yet to sit at the window waiting for my return, pretend that my paintings are masterpieces, and he does not sit in my lap when I type – thank goodness. Kevin also accuses me of treating Atticus like “a big old baby”, those are his words, not mine.
Perhaps the question should be why does Kevin tolerate this mischievous feline? The answer is actually simple, why does any man tolerate a woman’s pet? There are 2 possible answers. One is that they love us. The other possible answer is that they do not want to risk being on the losing side of a show down. Atticus is not concerned about either answer; he is secure with his position in our household. He will continue to spend his days in the same way, and I will continue to enjoy my status as Queen of his world.

10 comments:

  1. I love this post! You have so captured the love between a cat and his Queen. The only problem in our house is the kids and my husband love the cats as much as I do..so I have to share them. Atticus is a beautiful boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy!! Atticus is definitely one of a kind!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Glad you enjoyed this post!!

      Delete
  3. Atticus is a handsome fella. I feel the same about my trusty corgi dog Josey. They add something very special to life :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pets do add something special to life!! Thanks Gail!!!

      Delete
  4. I love Atticus! He sounds so wonderful and he is very handsome! It's amazing how much joy they bring to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peggy!! We all need to be adored by someone handsome every now and again!!

      Delete
  5. I started crying when I read your post. My baby Patches died two years ago. She was my best friend. I miss her so much. My husband always said He would be the one to have to leave before the cat left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Michelle, I am so sorry about Patches! These creatures have a way of getting into our hearts, and leaving their paw prints there.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!