Thursday, August 2, 2012

Is There A Cure?

The time has come for me to admit it.


 
I have a dish problem.


 
These were in the attic at Mama's house. She evicted my dishes and I had to go and get them!


 
I ran out of space in the hutch, so I had to set the table and had to leave it like that!


 
Is there a cure?


 
Do I really want a cure?


 
Posted by Picasa

I know that I am not alone, because I read other blogs. There is a strange comfort in that knowledge. Do we form a support group now? What about an encouragement group? We could tell each other how lovely their dishes are, and offer support when a member finds another set of dishes. Best of all we could help each other find a place to put their new dishes. That is a better idea don't you think?

10 comments:

  1. Melanie, I'm a dishaholic too! I have way too many of them and need to sell some. I love your strawberry dishes. I had strawberry wallpaper in two of my houses and lots of strawberry doodads. Now I wish I had them all back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that I was not alone! Thanks Jane, these are the first set of dishes that I used when I was married. Yes, I too have gotten rid of some things that I wish that I had back now!

      Delete
  2. I have a dish problem, too! I told myself that I have to stop but then a few days ago there was a whole set of Mikasa at the Goodwill! I mean, how could I pass that up for $15! I love yours with the strawberries!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You couldn't pass up a deal like that! I am here to offer you support my fellow dishaholic! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. When they stop making so many fabulous dishes, I'll stop buying them. 'Nuff said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy, I like your attitude! Could it be possible that this is not our fault?

      Delete
  4. When I read the title to your post the song just came running through my head
    ..."if there's a cure for this, I don't want it..I don't want it"

    That says it all I think:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same song ran through my head after I posted this and re-read it! Not really wanting a cure either!! Yes, Sandy, that does say it all!!!!

      Delete
  5. Nah, you don't want a cure. You're in good company! :) How wonderful to have these dishes and even glasses! Love the little cow creamer too.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, don't really want a cure!! This is too much fun!!! Thanks Shelia!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!