Monday, August 20, 2012

Meet Beatrice

 
Posted by Picasa
Allow me to introduce Beatrice. If you know me, then you already know that I name everything. Our animals, the plants on my porches, the oak tree that once lived in front of our house – his name was Clem, and my tool bag, Beatrice. Yes I remember each of their names. There is a method to my madness, the rabbits get flower names, the chickens get lovely southern names, the ferns get names that start with an F, and the peace lilies get names that start with an E, with the exception of Faustine, and her offspring Delma.
Don’t worry; I have a perfectly logical reason that the tool bag has a name. There is a certain someone that “borrows” tools and leaves them outside or confiscates the tools for his own tool box. Please understand that my old tool box was simple, a hammer, my handy-dandy ratchet action screw driver, a tape measure and a few other inexpensive tools. Yet someone chose not to return my tools, this same person would have fatal heart failure had his tools not been returned or left outside!
We had made another mind numbing, sleep inducing trip, to the tool aisle of a local store; someone needed a tool that was not in my box. Then I saw her. She was pink, and let me say that the clouds cleared away, a golden light shone down and the sound of angels singing was heard. Not only was the bag pink, but the tools inside were pink! My heart danced and sang a joyous song. My problem was solved, what man wants to use pink tools from a pink bag?
I named her Beatrice. Life isn’t always fair, and sadly, something happened to my sweet little screw driver, the one with the changeable thingies for the end, well it is now missing.
There must be a way to end this madness. Another way to thwart the tool thief’s efforts must be discovered. My creative inner self was furious. Flashes of glitter, ribbons, feathers and lace danced in my mind, along with the fragrance of my favorite potpourri.
This story ends with a warning. If you see a certain someone, and he has glitter on his hands, smells of a delightful fragrance, and has ribbon stuck to his clothes, he has pilfered the contents of Beatrice. This heartless tool thief must be stopped!

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha ah... desperate times call for desperate measures.

    If I see him, I'll certainly make a mockery of him!
    LOL... all in fun of course. Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do!!!! He laughed about this and said "Guess that I shouldn't borrow your tools anymore huh?" Nope, you can be easily identified now buddy!! LOL!! Thanks Pat!!!

      Delete
  2. I have pink tools too! It does help for my husband to not borrow them as often as he used to steal my regular colored ones :) If his friends saw him using a pin hammer they'd never let him hear the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does help for the DH NOT to borrow our tools! LOL!! Thanks Sandy, hope your DH leaves your tools alone too!!!

      Delete
  3. How do you do, Beatrice! What fun and now I want to know what you're up to. Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila, Beatrice is busy hanging pictures upstairs right now, she stays busy, pink and pretty smelling these days!!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
    2. You're so cute!! I love naming my belonging too.... ((I guess that means I'm cute too). I name our cars and they become a part of my family and then I cry when I trade them in for a newer model....the joys of life!

      Delete
    3. Yes Dolores, you are cute too!!! I drive Willene! She was my Daddy's truck, his name is Willis, so her name had to be Willene!

      Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!