Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Versatile Blogger

First, I must apologize to Pat at Corn in My Coffee Pot and
 Peggy at The Decorating Files.
They have both awarded me The Versatile Blogger Award, and I have failed to get a post up before now. If you have missed either of these wonderful blogs, go and have a look! You will not be disappointed!
Thank you both for thinking of me! Blogging continues to be a learning experience for me.


 

7 Random Facts About Me

1.  I am obviously not a florist, but I love to play with flowers.
2.  I love animals, they love me back, and for some reason every time that I visit the vet's office, some one's pet ends up sitting in my lap! I don't mind though. Once a lady had her dog in the office and other kids wanted to pet the dog, she told them that the dog was not friendly, but the dog kept coming to me and sitting on my foot, and propping his head on my knee! When they left, he was trying to get back to me!
3.  I like to create paintings, but rarely show them to anyone. 
4.  I consider eating tacos for breakfast a special treat! Leftover tacos mean breakfast for me!
5.  I name everything, the barn cats - even the ones that are not mine, the chickens, ducks, rabbits, goats, the plants on my porch, and even my tool bag. Her name is Beatrice.
6.  I love to read, but rarely have the time to sit down and enjoy a good book the way I would like to.
7.  My mind thinks all of the time, it is creating things at all times, and is annoying at times, especially when I am trying to go to sleep.


 

When I started this blog in 2009, my life became super busy, and I put it aside for a time. Last year I came back to this blog, there were only a few posts, I still wanted a creative outlet. Blogging provides that outlet.


 

Atticus enjoys having his picture made, so blogging gives him the opportunity to be photographed.


 

It is a learning experience. I want to improve, or develop photography skills. There is much to learn!


 

This blog gives me that opportunity.


 

Blogging is an escape, it allows me to back away from the fact that I am an Alzheimer's daughter, for a few moments I am just Melanie. Reality is always waiting, but the momentary reprieve is appreciated. There are times that I write about my experiences as an Alzheimer's. daughter. There are also times that the emotions are too raw to share with others. Sadly, it takes the experience of the beast to be able to relate to the disease.


 

The experience is shared with those that read this blog to a certain extent, but that knowledge is with me, waiting for me after a brief rest.


 

My husband recognizes this, and willingly works on projects with me. He built the red bench above, I painted it though!


 

The animals make their way into the pictures. Mamie Jane is in the picture above, and yes, she is as sweet as she looks. Unless you are a mouse, then you may have a different opinion.


 

Gardening is another new experience. There have always been plants on my porch, but never a garden. Creating something from nothing is another favorite past time, such as the signs above.


 

The potting bench is another item created by my husband. I told him what I wanted and he built it. He used old wood, at my request, and created this bench without plans. He is talented!


 

Animals continue to fascinate me! This is little peep, caught in mid-peck! She was in the duck's nest, her adopted mother. Aunt Bea, was a duck!


 
This birdhouse is another request that I made of my husband.


 

Some of my ideas are quirky, such as this table and the plant. Everything was junk, and everything needs to have a use if you are going to keep it!


 

Painting furniture is something else that I do to give my brain a rest.


 

The animals keep me busy! Aunt Bea is the duck up front, Clara is in the back. Clara did not like the new chick, so she was removed for her own protection.


 

This was Emmett's first visit to the vet. The resident cat stayed with us the whole time, making sure that Emmett was okay.


 

I appreciate the award that has been given to me! This blogging experience continues to challenge me, it gives my mind a chance to escape to a happier place, and the friends that I have made have touched my heart in their own lovely ways!!


 

I am so happy that I took a shot at blogging, and look forward to making more new friends along the way.


 
Posted by Picasa

I am grateful for each reader, and still get a thrill out of each comment! It is exciting to see that there are comments! Thank you for taking the time to visit, and I enjoy reading your blogs as well!! There are many things to learn, and new challenges ahead. There are days that the current crazy state of my life keeps me from blogging, but the blog is here waiting for me. It is my respite from the insanity of my life.

Thanks again Pat, at Corn in My Coffee Pot
and
Peggy at The Decorating Files.

If you haven't already, pay these wonderful ladies a visit! You will find their blogs to be a delight!

8 comments:

  1. Melanie, Congrats on your blogging award! I too have a hard time turning off my mind from thinking about creative things to do! When things are quiet, my mind likes to go into overdrive!
    I can only imagine how difficult your journey as an Alzheimer's daughter is. Bless you heart!
    But through blogging you have touch so many people with your big heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy your blog and your comments Yvonne!!! Thank you for your kind words, you are a blessing!!!

      Delete
  2. I had to laugh when I read this page. I had left over tacos for breakfast today. Great minds think a like. Congrats on your award. I enjoyed reading your blog. I like the cat watching over your goat. You won't see that every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum!!! I am glad that I am not alone!!! Great minds do think alike!!! Thanks Michelle!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Melanie! Congratulations on your blog award and it's nice to learn more about you! Great pictures! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve this award, Melanie! It's so nice getting to know you. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Peggy, that is so sweet! It has been great getting to know you too!! Thanks so much! comments like that make my day!!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!