Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Where I Live - The Heaviness of Humidity

Today the humidity is forecast to be stifling, temps should be in the low 90's. It is wonderful to have temps that low in August, but the humidity will make up for it. Walking outside on days like that, it feels as if someone threw a wet hot blanket on you.


 

We have had some rain here, but it has been measured in tenths of an inch. There have been some wells to go dry during this drought.


 

The ferns thrive in this humidity.


 

I make myself remember, that every morning is an opportunity to start fresh. There are many possibilities for the day ahead, many good things could happen today. Daddy could recognize me and tell me that he loves me today, that is always the one thing that I hope for each day.


 
Morning is my favorite time in the country, just watching the world wake up. The birds and plants seem to know that they have been given a gift, just by waking up this morning, and there are limitless possibilities for what this day holds. Rain possibly?



 
Posted by Picasa

If not today, then tomorrow will arrive with it's possibilities, and I am thankful for the gift of waking up, so that I can watch the world around me greet another morning. I am thankful that I can still visit Daddy, even if he does not know it, I know it!

12 comments:

  1. Good morning to you. You have one of the best attitudes about things. Reading your post has me looking at my own day more brightly. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle!! Every morning I have a choice, I try my best to make it a positive day!!! Some days you have to look harder than others, that makes the sweet things even sweeter!!!

      Delete
  2. Ok, are you sure you don't live in Mississippi, lol. I thought we had the worse humidity than anyone anywhere. Morning is my favorite time of day too, and I absolutely love living in the country.
    I am so sorry about your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call it the air you can wear, I am sure that you have heard that one before! Thanks for your kind thoughts, and for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. It has been cloudy here today and have been hoping for rain. HOT! Mornings are my favorite time of day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nonnie, I hope that you do get some rain!!! Thanks for visiting!!!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Melanie, I know what you mean about the humidity! It's hot here too! The morning is also my favorite time of the day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The humidity feels like a heavy hot wet blanket to me!! Thanks for visiting Tammy!!

      Delete
  5. On days like this you feel like you bang into the air when you walk outside. We've had lower temps but high humidity. Looking forward to our second spring here in Florida! Have a great day, Melanie and try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have described what it feels like accurately!!! Thanks Peggy and hoping that you stay cool too!!!!!

      Delete
  6. Good morning Melanie, your pictures and your thoughts are beautiful and uplifting....appreciating and being thankful for so many blessings.

    Praying for rain..... and for David to make eye contact with me.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolores, my thoughts and prayers are with you today!!! Those little things that we hope for each day bring untold joy and appreciation when we are able to experience them!! Thanks for visiting!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!