Monday, October 29, 2012

Jennyanydots

 
Posted by PicasaAtticus, Annabelle Lee and Jennyanydots
Recently one afternoon, sitting on the steps, I was looking for inspiration for this week’s column and Jennyanydots rubbed against my arm. She must have known that she has been neglected, and was gently reminding me that she was certainly a worthy subject for this column.
Jennyanydots and Atticus are litter mates. Atticus was almost named Eliot or Bustopher Jones, but Jennyanydots was the only name considered for Jenny. Much like the character in T.S. Eliot’s poem The Old Gumbie Cat, Jenny wants to help others.  She shows compassion for injured or sick animals or people, and is blessed with a nurturing and caring nature. Unlike her namesake, she doesn’t crochet or tat.
Jenny learned compassion early in her life. Atticus and Jenny had a sister, her name was Annabel Lee. Annabel was born with many difficulties, and lived for 7 weeks. Sadly nothing could be done for her, so we gave her the best 7 weeks that we could. Jenny helped care for Annabelle, making sure there was room for Annabelle when the kittens nursed. She cuddled, and gently played with Annabelle to the best of her abilities.
Jenny also pays attention to people’s clothing. If your clothing is a color that will contrast with her fur, then she makes sure to rub against you so that you can carry some of her fur with you. It is an attempt to spread her love, but it is not always appreciated. Jenny checks on Little Peep as she heals from her latest trauma and was friends with Clover. She watches over the rabbits and believes that the dog needs her assistance when she goes outside. The dog feels differently.  Jennyanydots was the perfect name for her, even though she lacks the tabby stripes of the fictional Jennyanydots.
 Jenny strives to provide a bright spot for all that come in contact with her.  She knows that she can’t take hurt and pain away, but she can comfort and love the animals around her. Helping others is her purpose in life, and she fulfills her purpose passionately and effectively. Humans could learn from her example. Jennyanydots is truly a Gumbie Cat, and shares her love and her fur with anyone willing to receive that gift. As T.S. Eliot said in his poem The Old Gumbie Cat, “nothing is done without trying” Jenny knows this is true.

13 comments:

  1. *sigh*

    Such innocent but giving souls.

    Thank you for a memorable post this Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Nancy, they are innocent and giving souls!!! People can learn from their example! Thanks Nancy!

      Delete
  2. I love kitties! Big ones and little ones. Jenny sounds like an amazing cat. Thank you for sharing this lovely story, Melanie. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is amazing and silly and affectionate!! Thanks Peggy!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh Melanie, you're a friend after my heart. Thanks for sharing this sweet story. I'm a big animal lover, but especially cats. I think kittens are the cutest and most fun to watch. I have an inside cat and an outside cat.......My best friend just adopted a kitten from our local shelter and I'm enjoying watching her silly antics (makes me want a kitten, but I'm saying 'no' to myself).
      Hugs,

      Delete
    3. Kittens are fun to watch!! Your friend is a kind soul to adopt a pet in need of a good home! Thanks Dolores!!!

      Delete
  3. I wrote a comment previously, but I'm having computer problems. I'm not sure you received my comment.

    Anyway, I wanted to say you're a friend for my heart...... I LOVE kitty's...... Such a sweet story and gorgeous kittens.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry Dolores, I had to be away from the computer for awhile yesterday! Life gets int he way of fun sometimes. Glad that you enjoyed Jenny's story, that would make her happy to know that!!!
      My daughter and I enjoyed the musical CATS when she was young, Jennyanydots just seemed like the perfect anme for her!! It was, she is truly a Gumbie cat! Let's just hope that she does not decide to organize the field mice and attempt to reform them from their wicked ways!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh, the little kitties are so darling! I always had a cat and a dog growing up. Now my hubby is allergic to cats so can't have one any more.
      Oh, I have tears in my eyes after reading your daddy loved that old southern gospel song. My daddy and I used to sing and this was one of our songs too.
      Be a sweetie,
      Shelia ;)

      Delete
    3. They tnank you for the compliment!!

      You always make me smile Shelia!! Thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. I have two little kitties these are darling! I always had a cat all my life. Now when hubby and I first married his poor kitty passed on from a kidney issue at 8 sad. So we went out and got two. We love animals and probably should have had gotten our degree to be Vets. Great post I enjoyed reading this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two is a good number!! Double the fun!! Sorry about your husband's loss! They really find a way to get in our hearts!! Often thought that I should have been a vet too!! Thanks you for visiting Claudia!!!!! Please come again!!!

      Delete
  5. Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent.
    I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you
    are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it smart.
    I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous site.
    my webpage - best weightloss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!