Thursday, October 11, 2012

Remember Me?

Do you remember me? This is what I looked like in June 2012.
 
 
 
I was skinny, the vet said that I was emaciated. I only knew that I was hungry! See how pitiful I looked in the picture below. My fur was matted so badly that it was like a second skin. It took 5 hair cutting sessions to get all of the bad stuff out of my hair, it wasn't fun, but I felt better after they were finished!
That was my past, before I came to live in my new home. Things are different now!
 
 
 
Mostly, I would rather play with my friend Mazie than pose for pictures. We have lots of fun together! I get plenty of food to eat now, notice that I am wider than I was in June, but I am healthy now!
 
 
 
My fur has grown out now, so much had to be cut away that I was almost naked! Now, I have fur that is not matted, I don't have to hurt now! My hair gets brushed every day, I like that because it feels good and it keeps the mats out of my hair.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

Maybe one day I will sit still so that you can see a picture of my face! Until then, I am playing with my best friend Mazie, eating healthy food, napping, getting brushed, and all of the other things that a dog should be doing. My life is good! I am happy too, I like to run and sometimes I act a little bit silly. That is how good that I feel!

12 comments:

  1. Aw! what a sweet rescue baby.
    What's your new fur baby's name?

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name is Sophie and she is a happy pup now!! Thanks Pat!!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.THIS.POST.
    She is a beauty, and yes, I'd love to see her face. :-)
    I absolutely have a "thang" for rescue dogs.
    I enjoyed reading her story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you enjoyed reading her story! Will try to get a picture of her sweet little face, if I can get her to be still long enough to take her picture! Thanks sweet Tea!!!

      Delete
  3. I have been wondering what happened with that sweet baby! What a beautiful baby. Sophie is a wonderful name for her. Her fur kinda looks like my Daisy. Black and white is my favorite pet color:) I am so glad to see her doing well. This makes my day! Looking forward to a picture of her face.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, I just hated to show what she looked like skinny and nearly naked. I was glad that we got her in the summertime, we had to cut off so much of her fur, it circled her entire body like a second skin, even on the bottom of her feet!! She walks differently now, it does not hurt her feet to walk. Thanks Sandy!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, but I think that we were lucky to get her!!! She is learning her doggie manners now. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  5. How lucky you both were to find each other!! She is precious.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very happy that we found each other too! She is a sweet little thing, and acts like she really appreciates her home! Thanks Judy!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely precious! My rescue is a male and the most loving little guy ever. When he was found, the foster mom had to have him sedated to be groomed and the vet check him out. His hair was long, long and so matted.

    We are blessed by their presence aren't we?

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are blessed by their presence!! Sophie is a joy to have around, she has had to learn so many new things, but teaching her has been fun! Thanks Pat!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!