Friday, November 16, 2012

Pumpkin Chiffon

 
Posted by Picasa
This is a tradition in my family. My daughter loves it, she will hurt you if you tell her that you ate the last piece! We were talking last night and I asked her if she was still planning to make a pumpkin pie. She laughed and said that she didn't want to do anything that might prevent a certain pumpkin dessert from showing up. I asked her if she would like to take over the Pumpkin Chiffon duties, there was silence on the line. Guess that I will be making this dessert again this year.

Pumpkin Chiffon has a graham cracker crust, a cheesecake layer (how can you go wrong with cheesecake?), a creamy layer of pumpkin and finally whipped topping. I am not sure about the origins of this recipe, but it is worth a yearly repeat! Make this recipe a day ahead and allow it to sit in the refrigerator, one less thing to do on Thanksgiving Day!

Pumpkin Chiffon

1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (we use cinnamon graham crackers)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted

Combine the crumbs, sugar and butter. Mix until all crumbs are moistened. Press into the bottom of a 13x9x2 dish. Set aside.


8 ounces softened cream cheese
2 eggs beaten
3/4 cup sugar

Mix cream cheese, eggs and sugar together. Beat until fluffy and spread over the crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.

2 small packages or 1 large package of instant vanilla pudding
1 3/4 cups milk
2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
dash cinnamon
1 cup whipped topping

Combine the pudding and the milk and beat for about 2 minutes using the medium speed of electric mixer. Add the pumpkin and cinnamon and mix well. Stir in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread the pudding mixture over the cooled cream cheese layer.

Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pumpkin layer and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans. Store dessert in the refrigerator. This makes about 16 servings.

Linking to

Farm Girl Blog Fest at Fresh Eggs Daily

Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm

Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Tutorials Tips and Tidbits at Stone Gable Cottage


 

10 comments:

  1. Yum, I am going to try this one. Sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it Teresa! Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  2. This is almost the same as my double layer pumpkin pie--it is a family favorite! I have to take one everywhere I go or people are upset with me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same thing here Sandy. Have tired to "pass the torch" but no takers! Thanks for visiting Sandy!!

      Delete
  3. Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! Will have to ask MIL if she's making a pumpkin pie, if not, I think I'll make this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope that you enjoy it! Can't go wrong with anything that has a cheese cake layer in my book!!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Oh my, this recipe sounds delicious..... I'll try it for Christmas... thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy Dolores! Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!