Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Fire Department Tribute to Daddy

Yesterday was Daddy's funeral. This is a small community and there was a time there was no fire department here, only the fire department in a local town. Our fire department is made up of volunteers. My Daddy was a pioneer of the DHFD. He was the first Chief, and served for a number of years.
 
 
 
Yesterday this department paid a beautiful tribute to Daddy. It was a cold rainy/misty day as you can see in the above picture. Yet this department turned out for Daddy's funeral, taking time off from work and daily responsibilities for Daddy.
 
If you have heard the bagpipes play at the funeral of a fire fighter, then you know the emotions involved as the pipes fade away.
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Our fire department did an excellent job, and I am proud of them for what they have done. These men will never know how much their efforts were appreciated, thank you is not enough. Recognizing my Daddy for his efforts was emotional for me, but so deeply appreciated. Thank you Henry and each one of you for what you have done. You will never know what this meant to me.
 

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute for your Dad! Thinking of you and wishing you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy!!! I appreciate your thoughts so very, very, very much!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie! Oh, I'm sure this made you so proud and what a wonderful tribute to your daddy! Blessings to you.
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did make me proud Shelia!!! Thank you so much Shelia!!!

      Delete
  3. Melanie-
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your Daddy. I know this has been a long painful passing. But, this part is over now. I pray that you have some peace and comfort over the next year, as you are met with so many decisions to make after the passing of a loved one. The first decision being-- how you go on living with it. Find peace in the Father.
    Love the bagpipes and the tribute by the FD to your Daddy.
    blessings friend, Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such kind words Pat!! The bagpipes were a beautiful tribute to Daddy!!! The current Fire Chief, Henry, made that possible. He did an awesome job!!! Thank you so much Pat!! Daddy no longer has to suffer, the hard part is over for him, and for that I am grateful to God!!!

      Delete
  4. The bagpipes and fire truck.... what a wonderful tribute to your dad. He is whole again....
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was lovely! Yes, he is whole again, no more suffering for him, that is over with!!!! I will miss him terribly, but I will cherish those precious memories that he left with me, and I will attempt to follow in the footsteps he has left here. I am a lucky girl to have had the privlige of saying that he was my Daddy!!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!