Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Musing - A is for Atticus

 
Posted by Picasa
 

It is time to pull out the Christmas decorations again. That is fun and exciting, but the memory of a certain feline that climbed my Christmas tree year before last still haunts me. Perhaps we will have a woman to cat conversation before the tree goes up; the Christmas Tree Catastrophe of 2010 is etched into my memory.
 
Mama and I were discussing some things and I mentioned the idea of using some crocheted ornaments on the tree. Mama kindly offered to share some of hers. The generous offer was declined, not because it wasn’t appreciated, it was. It’s just that Atticus will know that these ornaments aren’t mine. It would be best to purchase my own. Atticus would be unable to control himself if he sensed that these ornaments weren’t ours. The end result would be tears for me and fewer ornaments for Mama, while Atticus enjoys giving himself a long innocent bath.
 
When Mama looks at Atticus, she always says the she thinks he is gorgeous. Atticus hears that remark, and you may notice that he smirks and chuckles under his feline breath. No doubt that he is thinking about how he has her fooled. If Mama sits down, he jumps into her lap, and pretends to be the sweet, loving, and innocent boy that she believes he is. Atticus is never without a plan, and he knows that this is another victory for Team Atticus.
 
My daughter knows differently. After reading an article that ran last year, she called to offer her support. She was on Team Mom! Katie works very hard to make her Christmas Trees pretty. Each ornament is carefully placed on her trees. Yes, you read that right, trees. It is easy to see why Katie is on Team Mom. If you are not on Team Mom, I don’t even want to know about it.
 
Atticus is napping peacefully in my lap as this is typed. Perhaps he knows that something is bringing attention to him, and all is right in his world. It is a good thing that he can’t read or type; he would take over this column, rename it and begin to take over the local paper. Next would be his plans to take over the world. The one thing that he does know is that the “A” on our note cards does not stand for our last name, it stands for Atticus.

14 comments:

  1. Don't you just love cats. I have 4 and they all have a different personality . I worry about putting up a tree this year. Cleo and Kit ( Kit is my daughters cat) are still young and tear thru the house at 80 miles an hour. Plus they love to climb on every piece of furniture in my home high or low. So this should be a interesting Christmas. Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck Michelle! Sounds like you will need it!! Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  2. LOL! Oh, how fun to hear of the antics of Atticus, I grew up with a cat and a dog but now my hubby is allergic to the kitties. Atticus is a pretty kitty. Hopefully your mommy to kitty talk will work this year! :)
    thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atticus provides plenty for me to write about, things are never boring with him around! So sorry that you can't have a kitty around, they are fun!! Thanks for visiting Shelia!!!

      Delete
  3. I agree with your mother.....he is gorgeous!!! Sounds like a fun personality too!! I love animals of any kind, but especially cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dolores! Atticus does have a fun personality, he is always doing something. He is hilarious! Thanks for visiting Dolores!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Atticus was blessed with personality! He keeps me on my toes! Thanks for visiting Jane!!!

      Delete
  5. Atticus is very handsome - you have to admit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atticus thanks you for agreeing with him! He is a handsome fella though! Thanks for visiting Lisa!!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful tree! I love the name Atticus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jori!! A unique fellow like Atticus needed a special name! Thanks for visitng!!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I am not telling him that you said that! He will get the big head!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!