Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Musing - Atticus' Special Surgery

So sorry, but this should have gone up Monday before last, December 10. That was the day that my sweet Daddy went home. Thanking you each for your kind comments, my bloggy friends are awesome!!! Thank you again and please keep us in your prayers.
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


I, Atticus have given Melanie the day off and am writing her column today. The following is an account of what happened when I was taken to the vet to have my “special surgery”. My life was forevermore changed, and this is the real reason that I am content.

I was taken to the vet, and left by the people that I thought loved me. I sat in the cage waiting, this can’t be good. Suddenly someone came into the room and took me out of the cage. I was placed on a very cold table and I heard a voice say “everything will be fine; we are going to make you sleepy Atticus”.  I began to drift off to sleep. Then the Doctor shook my shoulder and said “come on Buddy, we are going somewhere.”

I climbed into the cab of his truck, and the Doctor let the window down on my side. We pulled onto the highway, and I felt the wind blowing my fur. I noticed that there were cats everywhere. The females were pretty and they were all looking at me.

We arrived at a place called Tin Can Alley. Empty milk cartons and tuna cans littered the exterior. We walked inside and sat beside a window. The air was heavy with the scent of cat nip and this cute little calico in the corner was eyeing me. The Doctor ordered a bowl of milk for me to share with the calico. It was accompanied by a small bowl filled with cat nip. I inhaled the scent and felt like dancing. The cute little calico joined me, every cat was jealous. I must have been dancing really well because everyone was laughing.

The Doctor said that it was time to go; it felt like we had not been there long.  The calico waved goodbye to me. I climbed up into the cab and fell asleep. When I woke up, I was on the cold table. The Doctor told me that I would be fine. The room was spinning and I felt funny. Was it all a dream?No more cat nip for me ever!

My life has been different since then. I smile when I think about that night and that cute little calico, we danced the night away. I don’t remember her name but she was something else! I am forever more grateful to the good Doctor, he changed my life. I am happy and content, my life is good.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! To find out more about it and how to accept please visit this link: http://thissillygirlslife.com/wp/2012/12/liebster-blog-award-acceptance/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitty is beautiful. I love cats and honestly I've never seen one I didn't love.
    Such a cute story from your Atticus! Here's hoping all is well.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dolores! Atticus thanks you too and he is glad that you recognize his striking beauty!

      I am happy to report that Atticus has not, as of this date, Dec. 22, 2012, turned over the Christmas Tree!! It still stands! There is however always tommorrow! Thanks Dolores!! MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!