Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Look Back

 
Looking back through the pictures from last year, there was more accomplished than I realized. January always makes me dream of days like the one below.
 
 
Last January, I was wondering if we would have an Early Spring and we did.
 
 
 
Mama gave me a box of my old cards last February, that contained these old Valentines.
 
 
 
I was able to talk about My Kids, we took in a couple of orphaned kids. Turns out they were Clover's nephews!
 
 
 
Work began in the Attic Room. Furniture was painted, and the goal was to purchase as little as possible. The budget was $50, and I was pleased with the results, but the best part is that I didn't use hardly any of my budget!! You can read more here  and here.
 
 
 
April was the month that 5 long years of begging paid off. My hubby finally screened in the back porch and the Barn Cats were evicted from the back porch! We created a New Porch Lighting fixture, on a budget of course.
 
 
 
May brought a scary situation, Emmett had to make a visit to the vet. You can read about that here. I know that I have a true friend, not many friends would be willing to ride with you to take your goat to the vet!! Thanks B.!!
 
 
 
 
A Backyard Garden was created.
 
 
Friends were given a  Welcome To My Front Porch in June.
 
 
 
A glass of iced tea waits for you there! Wishing that I could as you to Join Me on the Porch right now!
 
 
 
My Farmhouse Bathroom made an appearance on the blog.
 
 
 
My love of pineapples was shared with you in the post A Symbol of Southern Hospitality in July.
 
 
 
There was also a Farmhouse Lunch on the newly screened back porch.
 
 
 
July found me Saying Goodbye to Clover. I still miss my silly and amazing friend!
 
 
 
August brought pictures of the Farmhouse Guestroom.
 
 
 
September heat was keeping me inside! Gran's Dresser was featured.
 
 
 
October brought South Georgia Snow a bit earlier this year.
 
 
 
This New Old Cabinet was repainted and given a fresh look.
 
 
 
November had us Walking for Daddy and the others that have experienced the demon called Alzheimer's. We participated in the Walk To End Alzheimer's, and plan to do so next year. Our desire to end this disease has not changed!!!
 
 
 
My bookcase got a face lift in a Bookcase Redo.
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

December was a difficult month. We lost Daddy, you can read more here.

January is the time that we plan for the next season. There is much for Kevin and I, to talk about. We know that there are some changes ahead for us, now is the time to plan for those changes.

Happy New Year to each of you and wishing a prosperous year, filled with love and laughter to you all!

Joining Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays

Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson for Share Your Cup Thursday

26 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Melanie! What a lovely & concise rememberance of 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you D!! Happy New Year to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great look back. I so enjoy your blog--you are such a good writer and I share your love of animals. Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy!!!! Happy 2013 to you too!!!!

      Delete
  4. I love your front porch! Your home is so lovely! I love that you are walking for Alzheimer's. What a wonderful way to honor your father, and help others. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jori!! Wishing that the weather was warm enough today to enjoy that porch!! The walk is important to me!!!

      Delete
  5. My thoughts and prayers are with you. The loss of a parent is just so hard.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh honey, how sad for you it must be to lose a parent! My prayers are going right now for you to endure it and for your father who is finally very healthy in God's side. Thank you for your generous and kind visit and may you have a wonderful new year 2013.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is beautiful, specially that lovely and cozy porch. Now I can see why you are longing for spring...winter is sad, specially for you right in this time.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fabby and thanks for visiting!! Happy 2013 to you too!!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a lot of fun and interesting things happen out in the country. Your grans dresser is beautiful. It was fun getting a glimpse into your world!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liz!! Glad that you enjoyed a glimpse of my world! thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  9. It's been a BIG year, but I think the new year is gonna be even Bigger - Hang on for the ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see that porch in my dreams.
    The sun is shining and the temperature is *78
    and the Sweet Tea is icy cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love that lovely and inviting description of the porch!! Won't you join me for a glass of tea? Thanks for visiting!!!!

      Delete
  11. What a fun recap. I love that you got old valentines! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!! It was a cool gift, enjoyed looking through it!! Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  12. Oh how I loved looking back with you! Your front porch has forever been embedded in my heart since the first time I saw it. Love the Valentines, your bathroom and grannys dresser too! All is lovely, but those are a few of my favorites. So sorry to hear about your dad. It is so difficult losing someone you love. Thank goodness for the precious memories that you have of him. I pray that the New Year will bring you joy and happiness! Thanks so much for sharing with Share Your Cup. Oh, and I almost forgot. I always love your kids!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann for your kind words!!! I am so happy that you enjoyed the pictures!!! Thank you for visiting!!!!!

      Delete
  13. Oh Melanie.... you and I have been on the same Alzheimer's journey... as we miss our loved ones, we know they are well..... what more could we ask for.
    Your pictures over the last year are beautiful and amazing!!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said that very well. Yes, what more could we ask for? Thank you Dolores!!!!
      Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  14. Hi Melanie,
    What a wonderful review of your past year. Your front porch is so inviting. It's a joy stopping by and visiting your farm.
    Oh...What a peaceful setting, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you enjoyed your visit! Thank you so much for stopping by Carolynn!!!!

      Delete
  15. Oh, what lovely pictures!! I really love the one of your 'kids'-so cute!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan!!! Thanks for visiting!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!