Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Musing Emmett's New Address

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Emmett and his brother came to live with us almost a year ago. He was 3 days old, his mother had died and he had to be bottle fed. These bottle babies were lovingly cared for and grew rapidly. Watching young animals learn to play and interact with each other is fun, but goats are especially entertaining. As a gentleman told me earlier this week, it is a delight to watch the babies play in the morning over a cup of coffee. I agree with him wholeheartedly.

Emmett’s brother went to live with a special little girl. It was hard to let him go, but I knew that keeping 2 males would not be an option at this time. We tossed around the idea of getting Emmett fixed, but decided that was not the right thing to do for him. Emmett was born with a purpose, and the time would come for Emmett to take his place in a barnyard and live out that purpose.

This past week Emmett moved to Bruce’s Barnyard. He will have a good life there, Bruce has girl goats, and Emmett is a boy. Emmett’s dreams of hearing the girls giggle and whisper about his handsome goat beard were about to come true. He is a handsome goat, but then again Emmett is our late Clover’s nephew. Clover’s twin sister was his mother.

Our hope now is that Emmett will father some kids, and one will come to live with us. Perhaps one of those kids will have the good looks of Emmett and a personality similar to Clover’s. We know that no goat will ever have a personality as big as Clover’s was. This is the closest that we can get to having a bit of Clover with us now.

Our backyard is now a lonesome place; there are no goat sounds there. The rooster’s crow sounds lonesome. Perhaps our flock misses their next pen neighbor. I miss him too, but understand that that he is living out his life’s purpose.

Emmett will always be my little bottle baby. When I see that mouth, I am reminded that it is the one that I wiped when he was a baby. We watched him grow. He has a lovely beard now, and his baby voice has matured. Emmett is taking his place in the barnyard and will fulfill his purpose in life. Emmett has a new address.

12 comments:

  1. It's so hard to let our babies grow up and move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Michelle!! But this is what is right for Emmett, and that is important!! Thanks Michelle!!!

      Delete
  2. Love his beard! He is such a handsome boy. Those girl goats are gonna love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks!! He is a handsome fella to me too!! Haven't been to visit him yet, I want him to realize and accept his new home before seeing me again. But I want to go and visit him so bad!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh I hope he enjoys his new address. He is so cute. I hope his new girlfriends will like him :) I am sure they will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that he probably will enjoy that address, there are girl goats there!! Thanks Sandy!!!

      Delete
  4. It's hard to watch a friend go, even when you know they're going to a great home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melanie! Oh, I know you'll miss him and he is so cute. I'm sure he'll never forget you either. Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss him, but maybe one of his kids will come to live with us!! Thanks Shelia!!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Melanie! Emmett is such a dashing goat. I'm sure he's going to be very popular with the ladies! I know you're going to miss him, but he'll be in your heart forever. And hopefully, you'll have one of his little ones come to stay with you. They couldn't be in better hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emmett will be pleased that you have recognized how handsome he is!! Our yard is so lonesome without him though!! Thank you Peggy for your kind words and for your visit!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!