Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Musing - Welcoming Ruby

 
Posted by Picasa


A new resident has come to live with us, her name is Ruby Tuesday. She came to us on a Tuesday, and she has a red face, therefore the name. It seemed to be suitable for her. 

Ruby is a social gal. She likes the company of cats, chickens and the two of us. She has learned that we are the keepers of the special goat treats, and these treats will be given to her. The treats are in my left pocket; Ruby has seen this and watches my hand. The moment my hand goes into that pocket, Ruby jumps up a bit. She is excited and does not understand why she can’t have a steady diet of treats.

Ruby has been here for a couple of weeks. She was not tame, but she was accustomed to men. I knew that I would need to work closely with her. She accepted the cats immediately and they sleep in her house with her at night. Little Peep stares at Ruby, until something catches her attention. Ruby likes Little Peep. Accepting me was a different story, it took a few days.

We are watching her personality blossom, and learning her likes and dislikes. She is a coy gal and plays games with us. She approaches us, and turns away quickly. Then she bats those lovely eyelashes and approaches my left pocket. This behavior must be an indicator that there will be many adventures with Ruby Tuesday. This silly goat is always able to locate a stick and place it in her water bucket. Daily, I remove many sticks from her water. She has learned the times we feed, and is the first to let us know that she is ready and waiting. Life with her will be interesting. I hope that there will be no great goat escapes to write about. The last attempt by Clover is indelibly etched in my memory and I no longer have that set of pajamas. That is all that I will say about that.

Life with Ruby will have its share of lessons for all of us. She is amazing and has a huge personality, which was evident immediately. She is sharing her secrets with us, and we are learning about her daily. The question in my mind is this. If we were to get a buck, should we name him Mick or Ringo?

 

10 comments:

  1. She is very pretty.
    Personally, I'm a Ringo girl but I would first have to see the buck to decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby thanks you for the compliment!!

      LOL!! We will have to post a picture before we name him!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. I love animals with fun personalities. Even like our grumpy cat. He knows when to turn on the charm though. Ruby sounds like she's going to be a lot of fun to have around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby has been fun to have around already! She is a hoot! Those old grumpy cats do seem to know when to turn on the charm don't they? Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. She is lovely. It's always fun when you get a new animal. She is going to produce some beautiful kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! It is fun having a new animal around! We too hope that she will have beautiful kids!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. Hi, I would say Ruby is one lucky girl. Sounds like you all have a good life...Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie!! Ruby has decided that she likes it here and plans to stick around for awhile!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Aww...Ruby Tuesday is adorable and her name is darling!

    Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie!! She is a sweetie and so funny too!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!