Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lizzie and Ruby Updates

This is a picture that we were afraid that we would not have the opportunity to take! The Miracle Cat is doing well! She is playing with her toys, eating properly and getting plenty of rest. Lizzie doesn't know it yet, but she will be scheduled for her special surgery soon.

 
Her biggest problem seems to be that she has to be gently reminded of her manners. Lizzie seems to have conveniently forgotten them, or does she feel that she no longer needs manners?

The new ducks and geese have moved to their new home, which was Ruby's old home.
 
 
Ruby has moved to the big girl pen! Ruby is in the process of cutting the grass in her new home!
 
 

Ruby knew that there was more to her life than living in a baby pen, she now has a yard to mow. We moved her house with her, a girl needs a house to decorate and Ruby is no different.
 
 

A Silver Laced Wynadott is broody. The rooster is a Barred Rock and Americauna cross, the girls in this pen are Silver Laced Wynadotts and Buff Oprington. From my experience, Buff Orpingtons and Americaunas make me understand why someone would want to keep chickens. They have gentle dispositions, are not aggressive and are good layers.
 
 

The Silver Laced Wynadotts on the other hand can make you wonder why you wanted chickens in the first place! I hope that this girl is setting on some Buff Orpington eggs too!
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Ruby Tuesday thanks you for stopping by. She hopes that you will come back and visit again, but requests that you bring treats next time! Apparently we still have work to do in the manners department!

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found your camera so you could take these wonderful pics! You must be a very busy lady taking care of all these friends.

    They all look pretty sweet to me, but I guess we all could use a little improvement with our manners. -Trudy (Miniature Schnauzer - may be guilty of too much barking - she would love chasing those chickens and ducks around the yard)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am glad to have found my camera, I missed it and couldn't share the good things happening here! Yes, they are all sweet, just sometimes they need manners reminders LOL! Yes, Trudy would love it here! There would be plenty for her to do!

      Thanks Nonnie and thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. Ruby is too cute. And now she has her own 'room'. They all grow up so fast .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she does! She is a big girl now! Thank you for visiting us!!!

      Delete
  3. Lizzie is so cute--hope her surgery goes well. Ruby looks like she is just full of personality! Love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Ruby is overflowing with personality!!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. Awww.... I love your sweet animals :) I am glad Lizzie is doing okay and I hope her surgery goes well.

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, Lizzie is an amazing cat and she is watching as I type this! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! I was laughing when I took it! She is a lot of fun. Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!