Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Musing - The Miracle Cat

 
Posted by Picasa
Lizzie was a kitten here, it is my favorite picture of her.

 
We have a cat named Lizzie, or rather Lizzie has us! 2 weeks ago, Lizzie was not feeling well. She would not eat and refused water too. We carried Lizzie to the lady filling in for our vet as he recovered from surgery. This gentle lady examined a dehydrated Lizzie and found something inside of Lizzie, an unknown mass.  We were given the option of taking Lizzie to another vet that would do the needed and costly surgery or putting her to sleep.
My husband brought her home and we discussed the situation. We had to make a decision quickly and felt that putting Lizzie through surgery that may or may not work would not be the right thing to do. My husband called the vet, this would have to be done that day, as the lady vet would not be there for another week. We didn’t want to risk Lizzie getting into a difficult and painful situation, with no vet to help her. Lizzie was carried back to the vet. We sat outside with heavy hearts waiting our turn. Something inside was telling me that this was not the right thing to do today.
I climbed in the back seat to pet Lizzie and talk to her for a few minutes. Lizzie began purring! I looked at her and realized that Lizzie was not ready for this. Grabbing my water bottle, I offered her some water on my finger, which she took. I told my husband that this was not her time; he went inside and told the staff. We carried her home, and placed her in kitty I.C.U. meaning we put a box in the den. Lizzie began to improve and by Tuesday was eating. Last Saturday her biggest problem was allergies.
We carried her back and she was given antibiotics. Everyone was amazed by Lizzie’s will to live. Lizzie is now referred to as the Miracle Cat. Looking at her today, you would never guess that this was the cat that faced a potentially life ending problem. We are still not sure of the exact source of this problem, she has not been X-rayed. Lizzie has however received copious amounts of T.L.C., and sometimes that is the best remedy. Her story will not end here. The Miracle Cat has more to share, and is not concerned about a jealous Atticus. Thanks to the excellent staff at our vet’s office and some T.L.C., Lizzie is able to share her story with you.
 
Lizzie update - we have just returned from the vet and Lizzie got a great report! The vet did not find anything, the mass is gone! Lizzie is bright eyed and bushy tailed and has been into the toy basket this morning! I have never been as glad to pick up cat toys as I am today! Lizzie will get extra kitty treats today just for being Lizzie and still being here with us!


16 comments:

  1. This makes me happy Melanie! Trust your instincts, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that I did trust my instincts!! If not we would not have Lizzie now! Thank you so much for visiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats do this. They become terribly ill or injured and will lie quietly for days to come around, when we've thought all was lost. So glad you listened to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did think that we had lost her! I am glad that I listened to my heart too! Thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Melanie! Oh, that is wonderful news about little Lizzie. What a precious little one and I'm so glad she's better.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think that it is good news too! She is even more loving towards us now! She appreciates the chance she was given. Thank you for visiting Shelia!!!

      Delete
  5. I am delighted that Lizzie is well and this story had a happy ending! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonnie! She is doing well and sitting with me as I type this! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. Aww... this is so precious! Your instincts were right :) I am glad Lizzie is doing well.

    Have a beautiful day.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! Lizzie is doing better each day! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  7. Yay for Lizzie!! So wonderful that you trusted your instincts, Melanie. I love a story with a happy ending! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that I trusted my instincts too!! Thanks Peggy and thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  8. Oh what a happy story! I'm so glad that Lizzie bounced back w/ all that love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  9. So glad that Lizzie is doing better and that you trusted your instincts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! I am glad that I did too! Lizzie was trying to tell me she was not ready for that, glad I paid attention to her!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!