Friday, May 24, 2013

The Good Roosters

 
These are my good roosters! They live in my kitchen and never made a mess. They don't have to be fed, and never crow early in the morning. The best part is that I don't have to be afraid of them.
 
 
 
 
These dishes came from an estate sale that Mama and I went to a couple of years ago. Mama bought them, she had a booth at that time. Then the antique mall closed. The dishes had not sold, so I offered to buy them from her.
 
 
 
The glasses are simply old Mason jars. Since this is a country kitchen in an old farmhouse, I thought they would go well together.
 
 
A few pieces of Fiesta and some pottery were added. I liked the way the colors worked together.
 
 
The hutch was purchased when I was single. It came from a thrift shop and the purchase was considered carefully. I was counting pennies and paid for it over time. The day it was paid for and came home with me was a happy day!
 
 
The pattern is by Metlox, it is called Poppy Trail. I don't know or care about the value, I just liked it. Metlox does not seem to be very popular here and can be found rather cheap.
 
 
There were only 5 plates, this set must have been used a good bit. Some pieces show signs of use and have a tiny chip here and there.
 
 
This set is like most of the things we have here. Acquired here and there, mismatched, and found at a bargain price, creating a comfortable environment for us.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
The things here have been used and loved and make up the place that we call home.

Sharing with

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson for Share Your Cup Thursday

The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday

 

10 comments:

  1. Your rooster dishes are so cute! What fun. You did a great job of displaying them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandy!! This was the first time that I had seen this pattern and really love it! Thanks for visiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Melanie. I'm always so happy to have something that doesn't say 'Made in China". Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. Thank you and thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. What a cheerful display and so colorful. Love the roosters and the story about the hutch. We always treasure those things that cost us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nonnie! I worked hard to pay for that hutch, but have never regretted it! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Melanie, I love the colors and they are perfect for a farmhouse kitchen! I have not heard of this brand. Love how you have displayed them! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jann! I liked the colors too. Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. I love finding treasures at an antique mall! Your rooster plates are the perfect accent with your Fiestaware. They break up the solid colors and the rooster design fits in perfectly with the farmhouse style you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun isn't it, like a treasure hunt sort of! Thank you for visiting Kelly!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!