Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Family Picture

This is a family picture, it is not my family, but today they were adopted by me. A wonderful lady named Linda and her husband rode by our home last December, we were in the yard, so they stopped and talked to us. It turns out that the lady had special ties to this house. She said that they ride by sometimes because she remembers visiting her grandparents here. That was my lucky day!
 
Linda has wonderful memories of this house. She shared a few memories with me, and I wanted to hear more!! We liked this couple immediately, but knowing our connection cemented that friendship.
 
Today Linda stopped by and gave me a copy of this picture! It will be framed and hung with the rest of my family pictures. That precious picture should be hung in this house! Forgive the quality of the pictures, I was so excited to have this that I had to share right now!
 
 
Linda has wonderful stories to share and I can't wait to hear more. She loves this house, and we do too. Every house has a story, and this house is no different. My mind imagined that this house had grandchildren that visited, I was right! Linda confirmed it! This house felt happy, and we have been happy here. Did this couple and their visiting family leave some happiness behind for those that came after them? Maybe that much love and happiness just soaked into the walls, ceiling and floors and will remain here, no matter who occupies this home.
 
 
Posted by PicasaBirdie and "Doc"

I look forward to hearing more stories about this homes previous inhabitants. I do remember seeing this lady outside working in the yard, she wore a bonnet. Other members of this community have shared stories of jelly rolls, daffodils and old pick up trucks. I have loved riding past this house all of my life and never dreamed that I would live here one day. Knowing more about my newly adopted family makes living here even more special! We have to be family now, we share a love of this wonderful old farm house!

During our time here, I have wondered many things about this house. How many mothers walked across these old pine floors comforting their babies? How many babies were born here? How many meals were prepared here? If this house could speak, what stories would it tell us? There are so many possibilities, and so many stories that I want to hear!

I gave Linda the address of this blog and hope that she will see this! If you are reading this Linda, I am all ears! You can't share too many memories with me, I have loved hearing what you have told me. Thank you for sharing these memories with us and thank you for this picture, it will be hanging in the hallway with the rest of my family pictures. Your visit was a delight and we can't wait for you to come back!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh what a blessing to know this lady who can share with you the stories! I love the olden snap of the owners and I don't blame you for including it with your other family snaps.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a blessing Shelia! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful! I love that you are learning history of the house. I love that you have a picture of the family. Our house isn't old but I am still so curious about who used to live here. I have always felt this house has a good positive energy and so I am guessing it has been good people that lived here. I do wish a house could talk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the hapiness of the previous owners soaked into the floors, and walls of your house too Sandy! Thanks for visiting Sandy!!!

      Delete
  3. I have driven past, but never had the courage to ask if I could come inside the house where we used to live. I look forward to hearing more. It's just fun reading your imagining the things that happened in that house. And I love old pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to share as I learn more Nonnie! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!