Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Entering Our Home

When you visit our home, you will be greeted by someone with 4 legs. The question is which someone will be there? Lizzie is greeting visitors today.
This is the hardest place in the house to take pictures. The light is never right for a picture. Yesterday I tweaked a bit. The pictures were rearranged and 2 plates were added. A cost free makeover! Like all things in this home, items were acquired here and there over time. No expensive antiques, just items that were comfortable and inviting to us. Mismatched and formerly loved make up the things in our home.
 
 
This house has lovely pine floors throughout, there is no carpet here! I like that, it is not hard to clean, and when it is cleaned, I know that it is clean. Just a preference of mine. We were lucky that it was already that way.

 There were mini blinds on the door and windows, obviously the blinds came down and I made curtains from muslin.
 
 
This is the doorbell! Isn't that unique?
 
 
No visit to our home would be complete without an appearance by Atticus. He couldn't miss the opportunity to have his picture taken.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Atticus and Lizzie thank you for dropping by and hope that you will visit again soon.

14 comments:

  1. Melanie, I like all of it. The furniture is beautiful and I'm wondering are both the pics of the foyer? I really like the table with the mirror and the chest. Cool doorbell. I guess you twist it?
    My dog, Trudy, always lets us know when someone is at the door and will gree them heartily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonnie! Yes both are of the foyer. The table is a hand me down and is actually a dressing table. I thought it would look good in the foyer. Yes! You do twist the doorbell! It is a real bell and you can hear it no matter where you are in the house! I like that, but most people are not familiar with such and don't often use it. My dog is happy to greet guests too, but lazy when it is picture time. The cats feel differently, they are happy to get in the way and be a part of every picture. Thanks for visiting Nonnie!!!

      Delete
  2. Love your sweet babies! We don't have any pets anymore since we lost our sweet little Mistycat. I envy you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! They are always happy to get under foot and pretend to help! They are funny though! Sorry you lost your Misrycat!

      Thanks for visiting Diana!!!

      Delete
  3. I love that mirrored dressing table in your entry.
    I've got an old one tucked in a corner of the spare bedroom...I've been thinking of finding another place for it...
    the entry would be nice. (not to mention different) :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it won't cost a thing to try it out and see how you like it Pat! Those cost free makeovers are my favorite kind anyway. Thanks for visiting Pat!!!

      Delete
  4. Your entry looks so inviting--and a house is not a home without a cat or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank y ou Sandy! This house is definitely a home then! Atticus and Lizzie see to that! Thanks for visiting Sandy!!!

      Delete
  5. What a delightful way to be greeted; I wouldn't have it any other way. You're home looks so inviting, Melanie and the fur babies make it even more so. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peggy! I am glad that you like it. Fur babies do make a house a home. Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. Melanie.... I love your beautiful, warm and inviting home...... the two cats make PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much Dolores! Those cats definitely make it a home. Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  7. Melanie, I love your home home! I am a big fan of hardwood floors, too! The wood of the walls is just fabulous! I've been wanting a door bell like yours. Of course, mine will have to be a reproduction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy! I love hardwood floors for many reasons, they are easier to keep than carpet to me. Maybe you will luck up and find an original! You never know what might turn up! Thanks for visiting Tammy!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!