Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Musing - A Thief

 
Atticus was caught this week, performing more of his special brand of mischief. Mysteriously, the items in my purse have been scattered outside of and around my purse on a regular basis. Some items have been missing and found in odd places. These items were removed by a certain feline. Atticus was caught this week red handed, or red pawed rather.
Walking into the room, I found him standing in the middle of my purse. Atticus simply stood there surrounded by the chewing gum, comb, glasses, compact and various items that were once inside of my purse. There is no picture of this moment sadly. It was one of those moments you know that not a single person would believe unless they saw the evidence.
Atticus contemplated his options. Honey was in her bed sleeping, he couldn’t blame her. My favorite lipstick rolled away from the crime scene and my glasses were outside of the case. The house fell silent and the air was heavy with contemplation. Time seemed to stand still for a few moments. Atticus remained frozen. What should he do now?  Running away from the crime scene could be considered an admission of guilt. Standing in place would result in a verbal scolding that he would be forced to ignore. Playing pitiful might be his best option.
Atticus looked up at me pitifully and emitted the sound of an injured kitten. This was the sound of a kitten that has been hurt and desperately needs to be saved and loved. His tail twitched slightly, and his head turned a bit, testing me to see if I bought his ridiculous attempt to escape trouble. Atticus realized that he had forgotten to brush against my legs and approached me.
It was now my turn to contemplate what should be done; a decision should be made quickly! A verbal scolding was in order. Atticus stopped and looked at me, as the scolding began, then turned walking toward the water dish; he took a drink and headed for the big comfy chair to enjoy a nap. He had chosen to ignore my scolding, as usual.
There was no help for my favorite lipstick, and the dining room rug is stained in a small place. Atticus however rests comfortably. His conscience does not bother him. Atticus was simply looking for a new toy, and for that he feels no guilt. A new location for my purse has been secured to prevent further mischief.
 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Such a funny post...I can relate! Our orange tabby girl (Phoebe) likes to take straws out of Ice tea glasses. Sometimes knocking over the tea in the process. She uses the straws to play hockey in the hallway. When I opened the hallway linen closet the other day there was like a dozen or more straws that had gotten under the door. Phoebe was so glad to have another chance with them. I have yet to find any punishment that has any effect on her :) I was spraying her with a water bottle but now I think she enjoys that. Her and Atticus could probably get in all sorts of trouble together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Sandy, it is a good thing that we are not close by each other then! There is not telling what these two would get into! Can't let Atticus read your response, then he will want the straws from our glasses too! Hockey would be a fun game for him too! LOL!! Thanks for visiting Sandy!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, this made me giggle because I can just picture Atticus caught at the scene of the crime :) Cats are funny and it seems like whenever I attempt to scold my Rosie Girl, she just rubs up against my leg while purring and then wanders off to sleep.

    Have a delightful week.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes that scolding seems to do nothing for them! Good thing for Atticus that he is handsome! Thank you Stephanie and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. Cats really don't care. I love it when they make that pitiful little mew mew just to tug at your heart strings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atticus truly has a mind of his own. Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. That naughty Atticus! They're just so darn cute, it's hard to stay mad at them, isn't it? Our Bobbi loves to play in her water bowl...there's always wet paw prints on the hardwood floors all over the house! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny, imagining little paw prints on the floor. Don't want Atticus to get any ideas though! Thanks for visiting Susan!!!

      Delete
  5. It's so wonderful to start the morning off with a good laugh and this story definitely supplied that! You are a fabulous storyteller, Melanie. And Atticus is one funny cat. You need to write a book about him. It would be a best seller! Hope you both have a beautiful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that the antics of my mischevious feline gave you a laugh! I am afraid to think of what he will do next. I agree that he is one funny cat! Thank you Peggy, and Atticus thanks you too. He is glad the you recognize his special qualities and you see his "charm" too. Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. I love cats with interesting personalities! Atticus is not only beautiful but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting may be an understanement, LOL!! Atticus thanks you for recognizing his beauty, he certainly appreciates it, he gazes at his reflection in the mirror! Thanks for visiting Dolores!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!