This has been a busy week! It is difficult to choose just 5!
1. I found my rings!!!!! I found them last night. They were on my dresser and had gotten pushed underneath a handkerchief that is on the dresser. I have turned every room in this house upside down looking for them with the exception of the bedroom. These rings may not be fabulous or fancy to anyone else, but they are mine. They may never leave my hand again!!!
2. Week 5 of the porch painting project brought actual painting! They were able to begin painting yesterday. It is sunny today and they are working as I write this. I am now anxious for it to be finished.
3. Made a decision about my corner shelf this week. Recently I painted the dated shelf. It had a door on the bottom with a heart cut out on it. We are going to cut a square in it and cover it with chicken wire. DH has promised to do it this weekend, hmmm.......
4. My rooster was attacked this last week. I didn't know if he would be okay. I doctored his face. That is the dark blue that you see on his face. It is called Blu Kote and it stains. I have finally wore it off of my skin.
The rooster has an unlikely friend, her name is Jackie. The rooster is doing fine now. He has finally opened the left eye and is able to see. The right eye may not be okay though. I was afraid that he would not be able to see at all and am glad that he has at least one eye now.
5. Lizzie had her surgery this past week and she is doing fine! I missed her when she wasn't here and was glad to have her home. Her life will be so much better now! No more yowling to go outside and attempts to sneak out. No more potential boyfriends!!! When she does go outside she can enjoy being Lizzie and do the things that cats enjoy. Nap in the sun, chase a butterfly and monitor the animals.
Linking to A Rural Journal for Random 5 Friday