Friday, July 26, 2013

This Week's Random 5

This has been a busy week! It is difficult to choose just 5!
 
 
1. I found my rings!!!!! I found them last night. They were on my dresser and had gotten pushed underneath a handkerchief that is on the dresser. I have turned every room in this house upside down looking for them with the exception of the bedroom. These rings may not be fabulous or fancy to anyone else, but they are mine. They may never leave my hand again!!!
 
 
2. Week 5 of the porch painting project brought actual painting! They were able to begin painting yesterday. It is sunny today and they are working as I write this. I am now anxious for it to be finished.
 
 
3. Made a decision about my corner shelf this week. Recently I painted the dated shelf. It had a door on the bottom with a heart cut out on it. We are going to cut a square in it and cover it with chicken wire. DH has promised to do it this weekend, hmmm.......
 
 
4. My rooster was attacked this last week. I didn't know if he would be okay. I doctored his face. That is the dark blue that you see on his face. It is called Blu Kote and it stains. I have finally wore it off of my skin.
 
 
The rooster has an unlikely friend, her name is Jackie. The rooster is doing fine now. He has finally opened the left eye and is able to see. The right eye may not be okay though. I was afraid that he would not be able to see at all and am glad that he has at least one eye now.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
5. Lizzie had her surgery this past week and she is doing fine! I missed her when she wasn't here and was glad to have her home. Her life will be so much better now! No more yowling to go outside and attempts to sneak out. No more potential boyfriends!!!  When she does go outside she can enjoy being Lizzie and do the things that cats enjoy. Nap in the sun, chase a butterfly and monitor the animals.

Linking to A Rural Journal for Random 5 Friday

22 comments:

  1. love the photo of the peely paint....i had a weird thing happen recently with a ring. it had been sitting on my dresser and i cleaned my dresser off and didn't notice it. i knew i had to get down and hunt around on the floor for it before it became completely lost. before i got a chance to do that, i came back in my room and noticed my ring plus a pair of earrings just sitting there on my dresser. i asked everyone if they put them there and nobody did...they may have been there the whole time but i'm sure i would have noticed...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have scraped and scraped, glad that they are now getting to paint! Not compalining about the rain though!!! Glad that you found your ring, that is odd! I understand how you feel, I looked on my dresser a number of times, than last night - there they were!!! Thanks for visiting Tanya!!!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh....I am so glad you found your rings!! What a blessing :) The picture of Jackie with the rooster is absolutely precious. It made me say, "Awww..." :)

    Have a beautiful weekend . Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie!!! It is a blessing, I was afraid that I had lost them forever! Jackie and the rooster are happy that you like their picture! There will probably be more to come the way these 2 act around each other! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. I love the photo of the rooster and Jackie. Glad the rooster is on the mend.

    I found you through the Random 5 on Nancy's blog. Nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadine! I am glad that y9ou found me and it is lovely to "meet" you too!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh I am sooooo pleased to hear the little guy is going to be one half okay which is super okay considering what you'd thought last post!! Whew! And Lizzie will now be a far calmer, the change is dramatic isn't it. What a great post, you found your rings, isn't it funny so close yet so far, and please apologize to your cats for me suggesting they'd follow the path of our kleptomaniacs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Lynn! I am pleased too, Yes half okay is super great!!! Lizzie is a happy girl already!! Your description of the rings is accurate, I thought the same thing last night!! The kitties understand! Atticus has stolen before, he was a suspect, but has since been cleared of any wrongdoing - this time only!! Thanks Lynn and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad Lucy and your rooster are better!

    Your porch will look fabulous when finished! And so will your cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Mary!! I will post pictures of both when they are finished! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. Yeah, you found your rings! I'm glad Lizzie is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is great that I found them and that Lizzie is doing well! Big relief! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  7. Poor Mr. Rooster, getting attacked, glad to hear he's recovering. Sweet picture of him with his kitty.

    You are so wise to have your kitty spayed/neutered...... there's way too many cats and dogs in this world. I sure wish everyone would be that responsible.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you called Jackie his kitty!! That is accurate! Thanks Dolores and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  8. Your Lizzie looks so sweet! And I love your porch! The in-process, peeling paint picture is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I will be happy when the process is finished though! Yes, Lizzie is really a sweetie for real! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  9. Oh, so happy for you that you found your rings and that your rooster and Lizzie are on the mend. The pic of the cat with the rooster was touching.
    I like your Random 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am relieved to have found them too!!! Glad that you liked that picture, it was amazing to see. It was if jackie knew that he needed help and she wanted to help him! Thanks for visiting Nonnie!!!

      Delete
  10. Yay! You found your rings! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  11. You are a good cat and rooster mama -- and yay for finding your rings. I would have been a wreck.

    Thanks so much for sharing at R5F. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! I try my best to take care of all the animals here! I was thrilled to find them and I was a wreck until I found them!!!

      Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!