Wednesday, August 14, 2013

An August Wednesday Morning

This morning the air hangs heavy with humidity. More rain is in the forecast. The flowers have enjoyed this rain.
 
 
New blooms are something to smile about! There is hope in each one!
 
 
This is week 9 of the Porch Painting Project. My porch remains in disarray, but the flowers continue to show their lovely colors.
 
 
The railings have been painted, the forecast however doesn't offer any hopes of good painting weather. The door and window frames have been painted. There has been progress, it has just been oh so very slow progress.
 
 
The ceiling and floor of the front porch are still in need of painting. That will not happen this week!
 
 
Eventually it will be finished. The rain will subside.
 
 
Dry days will return and we will wish for the rain to come back.
 
 
The petunias are almost finished for the year. The color is the end of summer color, it is not as bright as it was in May.
 
 
Monday, I spotted 2 yellow butterflies. These butterflies always come before the end of summer. They let us know that fall can't be far away.
 
 
 
Jack and Jackie Update -  Jack is doing very well. He will be able to see with both eyes! We were afraid that he would have no vision at all and are delighted that he will be fine!
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Jackie continues to watch over Jack. She takes her job as personal protector and caretaker of Jack seriously.
Jack has been placed with his own small flock to prevent another attack from happening. The other rooster will never have another opportunity to attack Jack again!

Linking to

A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday

18 comments:

  1. Your flowers look gorgeous! Love the last photo-so sweet! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! They are funny together, such an unlikely pair! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. Such good news about Jack, and again Jackie with Jack makes me a bit teary...such a sweet story. Your flowers really have done well, our Petunias have geen done for weeks. That darn painting job is taking a while isn't it...however there has been progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie is an exceptional girl! My petunias usually last until about September, this has been an odd year for gardening. It is always sad to see them go, I enjoy them so much. Yes, the painting may take forever! It is honestly not the painter's fault, the rain has kept him away most days. Thanks Lynn and as always thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you my friend and thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. beautiful collection of blooms, i'm quite partial to hibiscus and yours is a lovely color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A precious friend gave me that one and I have enjoyed it so much! Thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear he will have his sight. I have to say I love that cat!!!! Mine could care less about the chickens. Your flowers look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are glad too! I was wondering what I was going to do with a blind rooster. How would I teach him how to be a rooster if he was blind? Jackie is exceptional!

      Thank you Michelle and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. Your photos of your flowers are gorgeous.
    I am in total understanding of "week 9 porch painting progress"
    some of projects go on too, for days, weeks, months and years~!
    I'm excited that I'm going to be finally working on my settee over the next few weeks...FINALLY AFTER 3 years!
    Now... Jack and Jackie...that story STILL AMAZES ME.
    God certainly works in mysterious ways.
    Love that photo...such a sweet story.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! They have benefitted from the rain!
      LOL! You feel my pain don't you? In time it will be finished, then something else will come along! Can't wait to see the sette, I know that it will be gorgeous!
      Yes, the Jack and Jackie story is amazing! If I had not seen this with my own 2 eyes, I would not believe it! Glad you enjoyed the story! Thanks Pat and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful flowers... Your collection are so interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. I miss the rain! Your blooms are just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is lots of it in the forecast for the next few days! We have had more rain than we normally get in a year's time by the past July! We do however know what it is like to need rain so desperately, so I guess that we shouldn't complain. Thanks Sandy and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  9. Stunning flowers, Melanie! Thanks for sharing. It's always a joy visiting you - have a lovely day.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Stephanie! Comments like yours make my day! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!