Thursday, August 8, 2013

Morning in the Country

Mornings are my favorite time of day.
 
 
The flowers wake up after a night's sleep.
 
 
The dew refreshes and greets the new day.
 
 
The air is cooler and the countryside is quiet.
 
 
The anticipation of the new day is everywhere after a refreshing rest.
 
 
What possibilities lay ahead?
 
 
Posted by Picasa
It is a time to be refreshed and enjoy the quiet time before a busy day begins.

My Uncle Zeke told me once that "no matter what happens today, the Good Lord gives you an opportunity to start over when you wake up to a new day, no matter what happens today, tomorrow is a new day". There is much wisdom in those words and he does not know how many times I have thought about them. Every morning that I am able to wake up, they come to mind. What opportunities lay ahead for you today?

15 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post, dear Melanie. Your words and photos are simply lovely. May we make each day count :) Have a lovely Thursday!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! We do need to make each day count! Wishing you a lovely thursday as well! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. "The air is cooler and the countryside is quiet." I love that one most. Instantly it transported me to a quiet cool countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly that cool and quiet do not last long enough!! Glad that you were transperted to a lovely place such as mornings in the countryside! Thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. The flowers always so refreshed in the morning. Wish that was the case with me first thing in the morning! LOL

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! I wish it was the case with me some mornings too!!! Thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful and look fully refreshed. Ours are sad and droopy and thirsty due to a lack of rain, and being on water restriction. Keep sharing your photos. They are happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine were so sad last year, I lost some things that I have had for several years. This year is different, can't seem to keep up with grass and weeds this year.

      Thank you Nonnie, you always make me smile!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Your flowers are lovely, your photos beautiful and your Uncle Zeke gave you some very sound advice-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! His advice has served me well for a number of years now! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures, and beautiful post!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  7. I do like your Uncles advice--beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That advice has served me well! Thanks for visiting Sandy!!!

      Delete
  8. Your yellow lantanas really on their best performance. How many color of lantana that you are collected?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!