Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Thrift Store Finds

 
Finally got a few minutes to run to the local thrift store. Things have been so busy here. You never know what you will find, but you know that it will be something good! This picture caught my eye. My Gran had one like this and I always loved it.
 
 
It had to come home with me! The frame needs a little love, or maybe a lot of love, or maybe a different frame altogether would be better.
 
 
The price was only $2!
 
 
These plates also wanted to get in my basket and go home with me. It's not my fault, I was unable to defend myself against their power.
 
 
A set of 6 cost $2. I will use them for awhile and then donate them back to the thrift store.
 
 
This set of 6 glasses was a delightful find. The glass is thick and the bottoms are heavy, unlike the glasses you find in stores today.
 
 
This set of napkin rings wanted to come home with me too! There were only 2. My table on the screened porch seats 2 so I thought that these would be cute out there.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
A trip to the thrift store is like a treasure hunt! You never know what you will find, you just find that perfect something that you have been looking for and hoping to find. It is an added bonus that your desired item has the perfect price as well!

3 comments:

  1. Those two dragonfly napkin rings are too sweet, I like the idea of using something from the thrift shop and then returning them, good idea. It is odd how 'things' become so powerful ;-), all lovely finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, "things" can become powerful! It feels good to buy, use and then donate back carefully used items. It keeps it out of the landfill, the thrift shop is able to help others, and my budget doesn't suffer. Thanks Lynn and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. So unique... I like it! I think it will be unique and antique collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!