Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Time to Relax Now

The past few weeks have been a bit crazy to say the least.
 
 
The upcoming wedding and having work done on the house have taken their toll. Do you remember the Dunkin Doughnuts commercial where the man meets himself coming home from making the doughnuts and he says "I already made the doughnuts"? That is how I feel, I have woke up every morning thinking that I have to make the butter mints and the cheese straws. Then I remember, I already made them and the wedding is over!
 

 
There is so much work that goes into a wedding. The house has to look good, never know who will be dropping by!
 
 
Let me say before my baby reads this that I did not do this to the car - Kevin took this picture, talk to him!
 
 
It was a lovely wedding for a lovely couple!
 
 
My daughter worked and planned for months and it was over in a couple of hours!
 
 
The happy couple is off on their honeymoon now and the tired mother of the bride is right here!
 
 
Posted by Picasa
It says "relax" and that is what I found myself doing Sunday and Monday. Tuesday is different, back to reality now! Yes I sat right there with a big glass of iced tea.

I don't have to make anymore cheese straws or butter mints though! I already made them!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, they are a gorgeous couple-someone had to do that to the car it is essential ;-). glad you can rest and I do love the end result of all that work on your porch, magazine lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! I think that I know who did it, yes, it is essential. They even tied the cans to the back of the car!

      Thank you for the compliment on my porch! There is still much to do, just not enough hours to get it all done! Thanks for visiting Lynn!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie, I cannot imagine all the preparation you two have been doing. Look how beautiful she was on her wedding day. Your porch is just stunning. What is a southern get together of any sort without cheese straws? Thanks so much for visiting with me. xo, Olive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olive! It was worth the work! She was lovely! The porch was worth the wait! Yes, those cheese straws are a requirement! LOL!! Thank you so much for visiting me!!!

      Delete
  3. As much as I love the events like that I am always glad to see them over so I can really relax and unwind from the work and stress. What a beautiful wedding!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand very well! Thanks Diana and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. Your daughter looked lovely. Events like these are tiring ,but so rewarding. So many memoirs to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! You are right, tiring but rewarding! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Oh, bless your heart! I've been right where you are and weddings for our daughters are just exhausting! Your daughter is so lovely and I'm sure the wedding was beautiful and the mints and cheese straws were the best. You'll have to share your recipe with us. Now rest and get some rest and I wish the newlyweds blessings and much happiness.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia! It was work, but worth it! don't mind sharing the recipe but it will be a little while before I have the desire to make either! LOL! Thank you again and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. After your long, tiring and busy month, this is time to you to get relaxing time. All of your hard work was paid. Beautiful porch, looks so tranquil. I like the hanging ferns. Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You made it through :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is an accompllishment! Thanks for visiting Susan!!!

      Delete
  8. Oh yes. How lovely to be able to sit down and breathe again. The bride looks beautiful, your home is so inviting and I'm very happy for you all. Weddings do involve so much energy and endless details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonnie! Yes, they are a LOT of work! I dreamed last night that the wedding was today! Glad that it was only a dream though! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!