Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days of Getting It Done


 
This morning as I was reading Corn In My Coffee Pot's post I was inspired! She is doing the 31 Days of Blogging link party at nesting place. I thought that this would be just what I needed right now.
 
The past few years have been difficult. If you follow my blog, then you know that we lost Daddy to the Alzheimer's beast last year. I find myself in a strange and unfamiliar place that I don't like. It seems that things got behind during the time we were caring for him. Life also has a funny way of throwing things at you to keep you behind too. There has been no catching up and there are many projects left undone.
 
This challenge may offer the get up and go that I desperately need! I was always a Daddy's girl and losing Daddy affected me more deeply than I realized at the time. These past 10 months have been more difficult than I have been able to write about. Daddy wasn't just a Daddy, he was my friend, counselor, spiritual advisor, music teacher, project coordinator and advisor, and the person that would always laugh at my jokes because he got them. We had the same sense of humor. Our communication surpassed mere words, we communicated on a level that no one else understood. I miss him desperately and I feel like I lost part of me. This is not how Daddy would want me to feel.
 
A friend suggested that I get a copy of the devotional book Jesus Calling and I did. That book has been an awesome help and I highly recommend it if you haven't read it! It is an amazing book. My life has had many challenges thrown my way in the past year and this has helped me to deal with those challenges. 
 
Today is the first day of that challenge. The category that I will write about is House and Home. That is a wide topic and there is much to write about. This is the time of year that I like to clean and straighten up before the holidays. The Porch Painting Project is still underway. The side porch and back porch have not been finished yet. My husband began painting the laundry room yesterday and I am considering turning a bedroom into a office/craft/sewing room. There is plenty for me to write about and this will keep me accountable. No taking weekends off either! Perhaps this will be the challenge that I need. It will also help me get ready for the holidays. After all there is much that I need to get done here.
 
Linking to
 
nesting place for 31 Days 2013



31 Days of Getting It Done

1. Painting the Laundry Room

2. House Numbers

3. A Tearful Moment and Progress on the Porch

4. No Porch Progress Today

5. Creating A Pantry

6. A Smile for Your Sunday

7. Upcycling A Microwave Cart

8. Keeping an Eye on Things

9. Maizie's Rough Life and Laundry Room Update

10. A Little Fall and Painted Doors

11. Painting Weekend and Random 5

12. Busy Saturday

13. Last of the Summer Flowers

14. Monday Musing - A Blue Porch Ceiling

15. The Way I Feel Tonight

16. Kitchen Progress

17. Putting the Back Porch Together Again

18. A Look Back at the Fall of 2011

19. A Confession

20. Almost too late...

21. Pantry Curtains

22. Elise

23. A Confession, Curtains and a Question

24. Found Goodies

25. A Screened Back Porch

26. Keeping a Secret

27. Back Porch Lighting

28. Monday Musing  - The Cycle of Life

29. New Back Splash

30. Completed Projects

31. Day 31 of Getting It Done

6 comments:

  1. I forgot to link mine! Can you believe it? Thanks to your email, comment... I went there to do that, I'm linked under PERSONAL ENDEAVORS...
    anyway... I know what you mean about life and how the unexpected can knock the wind out of your sails. Personal loss, especially someone that is so close to you...is debilitating. I hope that the next 31 days is just what you need to kick start a fresh new perspective and productivity for you.
    many blessings to you, Melanie
    and thanks for reading Corn!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat! Look forward to reading your 31 days post! Thank you so much for your kind words! Maybe this is just what I need! I have not felt very productive for the past few months. Thanks and thanks for visiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on the link up page. I am following your projects. It sounds like you are doing something similar to us, and I think it will be fun to follow your projects. Good luck! - Molly @ http://mimsyweretheborogroves.blogspot.com/2013/09/31-projects-house-to-home.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does sound like we have similar projects going on! Can't wait to read more! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be lots of work involved, but I am looking forward to it too! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!