Friday, October 25, 2013

A Screened Back Porch

Today they finished screening in the back porch!!!!!!!!!!
 
Can you tell that I am happy about it? The screen had to be down for 3 weeks. Now anxiously waiting for everything to dry and decorate it again. This porch was a favorite place to enjoy a cup of coffee in the mornings. I missed my porch!
 
 
The colors are the same as the other 2 porches.
 
 
The ceiling is haint blue on this porch too. Can't have those haints coming in the back door. LOL!!
 
 
My handicapped Abigail enjoys sitting in the sun on pleasant days. She will be happy that she can go on her porch again too!
 
 
Sadly not everyone was happy to have the screen up. Jackie, Boll Weevil and where did that other cat come from? Whoever it is, none of them are terribly happy about the new screen.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Now the furniture must be repainted and replaced. I bought some new cushions this year and they were hardly used. Guess that it will be like having new cushions too! This is almost like having a brand new back porch that we have never used!

Linked to

the nester for 31 Days 2013

The Dedicated House for Anything Blue and Pink Friday
 

11 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I would hate to be without ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awful to be without ours!! It was almost like having a room you can't use! I am itching to get out there and get everything back together. Thank you and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. How very, very exciting, Melanie. I bet you just can't wait to get out on that porch- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Diana, I am anxious to get back out there. I plan to put it back together today! Thank you and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love your porch! Beauifully blue..so..do pretty! It would be so nice to sit out there! I follow your blog, but am sorry I don't know who Abigail is. I know as a handicapped person myself, it would be so nice to be able to sit out there and enjoy the diet!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gert! I am glad that you like it! Abigail is my handicapped cat. She is so sweet, but requires special care. She loves that porch! She enjoys sitting in the sun there. She can see what is happening outside, even though she can't go outside. Thank you so much for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. WOO HOO!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Wish I could come and enjoy it with you. I absolutely LOVE the shot of the cats at the back and that one that isn't yours, standing there as if it is. Cats are the best! ;) Enjoy every last moment. CONGRATS!!! *yippee!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could too! Iced tea and coffee taste better on the porch! That cat was not there today, guess that it was just visiting! Thank you Michelle! Your encouragement is very appreciated!!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Melanie, I know you're so excited to get your porch rescreened and painted. I saw how good it looked in your other post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was!! I didn't realize how much we use and enjoy this porch until we had to do without it for a couple of weeks! Thanks Jane and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. Wow! I bet you can't wait to decorate your newly painted and rescreened porch and i also can't wait to see it. I know you are really happy and you can't wait to enjoy your coffee. Your cats and the unknown cat don't really look happy at all with the screens. I guess, because they can no longer enjoy the back porch is what made them terribly unhappy, well. I guess, they will just have to find a way to get in.

    MosquitoCurtains.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!