Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Tearful Moment and Progress on the Porch

Last night, my husband began painting the trim in the laundry room. He removed the lid from the paint and laid it on the floor. The cat walked across the lid. The picture below is my living room floor. Those are not the feet of the offending feline, but Reggie Mac Dawson is always ready for a photo opportunity.
 
This is what I saw first thing this morning. I cleaned up the paw prints. I was not happy, but remembered that the laundry room is being painted after purchasing the paint over a year ago. I am happier now.
 
 
There has been progress on the sun porch. They hung the screen door today and painted the floor! I did not do the work, I am simply the woman anxiously awaiting the end of the Porch Painting Project. I think that the patient workers are tired of me now!
 
 
 
The sun porch will be a narrow porch, but I can't wait to start decorating it! Thinking that a Christmas tree would look great out there!
 
 
There is a new set of steps on the side porch!
 
 
Work continues on the laundry room. I found the adhesive paper below and thought it would work well in the laundry room. I wanted something that would be easy to keep clean.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Work begins in the morning on the back porch. There is a lot to be done! The ceiling will be blue and the floors will be the same gray as the front porch. The back door will not be red. It will be refinished. That door has never been painted and I couldn't bear to paint it!

Linked to nesting place for 31 Days 2013

10 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the kitty feet and prints. My cats have done that before! I had yellow paw prints on the kitchen floor and on the washing machine when she jumped up there! Glad your porch is coming right along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! It seems like those little kitty prints can be carried all over the house! May as well smile about it. Thanks Khammany and as always thank you for visiting me!!!

      Delete
  2. I don't think a paint project is complete without a little bit of 'transfer' here and there. ;)
    I love how your screened porch is looking!
    I'd love for my back porch to be screened in like this!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! So my laundry room project is close to complete then! Thanks Pat! I am anxious for it to be finished! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that reminds me, I failed to mention in my post that the kitty walked across the freshly painted epoxy garage floor. I SO feel you PAIN!!! You are doing awesome on that porch, and just like you, I would be focusing on the fact that things are getting done. Either that, or we lose it all together, after all. Right?! Can't wait to see what happens with the porch. WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can understand how you must have felt! You are right if I don't focus on wht is getting done, then we would lose it! Fortunately I am not doing the porch work! It was disheartening becuase they had to do so much prep work before you could see progress. It was so wonderful when the paint began going on though! Thanks Michele and thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. I am so glad that your porch project is coming along so nicely. It looks great so far! Gotta laugh (or cry) at those paw prints! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! Those pawprints made me want to both laugh and cry, might as well laugh though! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. What a lot you have going on. Shoot - all we did was get the back yard rototilled, and have a new roof put on this week. We are absolute pikers compared to your lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You accomplished a lot! Even though you may not have been doing the actual roof work, there were things that you had to have done when dealing with workers. I have wondered if it wasn't easier in some ways to do work ourselves. Then I remember that is why the work hasn't been done until now! Thanks Marsha and thank you for visiting me!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!