Saturday, October 5, 2013

Creating A Pantry

 
The painting of the laundry room is finished! Woo Hoo!
 
We decided to create a pantry area in the laundry room as this room is just off the kitchen. The room is long and narrow. My biggest regret about this house is that I didn't take before pictures! More pictures to come of the laundry/pantry update later.
 

 
My amazing and handy husband built these shelves. We painted them white and lined the shelves. We love this house, but old homes are not known for having lots of storage. We needed pantry storage! 
 
The shelf below is across from it. It holds the canned goods. We live in the country, so it isn't very practical to run to the store every time you get ready to cook. I shop every other week and prepare our meals from what we have here. I maintain basic items in my pantry. There is a lot of freedom in that principle! Meals can be prepared quickly and easily, there is a variety too, but most importantly it enables me to remain within budget! 
 
 
Posted by Picasa
There is still work to do in the new pantry area, but the painting is done!

Linked to

nesting place for 31 Days 2013

8 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie! Oh, your pantry shelves look great! Your hubby did a great job! I'll be waiting to see more. Thank you for your sweet and kind words. God speaks to me so many time through songs.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia! He worked hard making them! Thank you for visiting me Shelia, I appreciate your visits so much!!!

      Delete
  2. You can never have too much pantry space--especially when you are like me and have 3 teenagers! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! You can't have too much pantry space. Wish I still had a kid around though! Thanks for visiting Sandy!!!

      Delete
  3. YAY! I can't wait to see how it all turned out!! How wonderful to add storage. A project completed...what freedom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The added storage will be awesome! Thanks for visiting Michelle!!!

      Delete
  4. I think I must have missed this post.
    We don't have pantry space in our home either. Originally, our house only had 2 closets. So, I'm constantly looking for a way to incorporate storage into our home. A Pantry is definitely on the list!!!
    I like yours--your hubby did a great job, I know you're glad to have it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't missed anything yet Pat! Planning a reveal this month for the pantry and laundry room. It is one of the reasons that I wanted to do this 31 day challenge. It feels good to strike things off of the list! Thanks for visiting Pat!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!