Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Elise

Meet Elise, like everything around here she has a story. Elise belonged to a family friend's mother. Sadly the mother was no longer able to use Elise. This very special family friend called me to ask if I would like to have this sewing machine. I jumped at the opportunity. It is in perfect condition!
 
The family friend's name is "Miss" Beth, so I named the sewing machine Elise. If you are new here, then you may not know that I name everything. I suppose it is a habit or perhaps a sickness or maybe my imagination thinks that everything needs a name.
 
 
Elise and I have big plans together! We have worked on a few projects, but it was time that you were introduced to her.
 
This morning, we added some trim to the pantry curtains.
 
 
There were a couple of projects that I worked on this morning. My sewing may not be professional by any means, but it is something I enjoy. Sewing allows me to be more creative with the projects around my home.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Please forgive the poor picture quality, on days like today it is difficult to get a good shot.

There is still more sewing to be done, come back tomorrow and I plan to show more!

Linked to

the nester for 31 Days 2013

16 comments:

  1. What a great old sewing machine. It is just wonderful. Those old machines are just real workhorses. What a treasure- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has proved herself to be a workhorse already! I am delighted with this sewing machine, you are right it is a treasure. Thanks Diana and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. sure wish I had learned to sew when I was young! I can sew a semi straight line and that's about it! lol!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you have to do is cover up your mistakes, LOL!! I am certainly not a great seamstress, I don't stress about it though. I just enjoy whatever project I am working on. Thanks Sharon and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. Love it! Elise is a dream to sew on I bet!
    Take it from me....and this is for Sharon, you are never too old to learn to sew. I wish I'd listened and paid closer attention when I was young. But my what a time I've had re-learning to sew this past year or sew. I sew more that I have Littles to sew for now. I didn't have time to sew when my own kids were young. I was too busy trying to do other things. But now... I love sewing. It is one of my favorite past times.
    I may not have my Granny here to teach me everything ...AGAIN. But I have YOU TUBE! great tutorials.

    Melanie- that little bit of grey on the edges of your black curtain sets it off nicely. :)
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did seem more difficult when my daughter was a child, there was just so much to do then! I have found that I enjoy it so much more now. That YOUTUBE is great for learning something new, or a reminder of soemthing that may not be as sharp in your memory as It once was. Thank you Pat and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. This sewing machine has so much personality it deserves a name! I wouldn't even bother to name mine, it's just a white sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Khammany!! Maybe you should give her a name, something pretty. Thank you and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. My daughter just bought a sewing machine. She is making costumes for her and her sister. She has never sewn before, so this should be interesting. I am going to hear "mom help" a lot. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! It is always good to hear about young people learning to sew!! Hope those costumes come out like she wantst them too!! Thanks Michelle and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. It looks great! Nice job. I love to sew. Wish I had more time for it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more time to sew! It is one of those things that I didn't appreciate knowing how to do until a few years ago. Thanks Michelle and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  7. I name everything too Melanie! It is nice to meet you Miss Elise. Someday you need to meet my Tahoe Hauler Too.
    Enjoyed visiting, and I am a new follower.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to meet Tahoe Hauler Too! Thank you for following me!!! Love my followers!!! Thank you for visiting and heading over to your blog right now!!!

      Delete
  8. I had forgotten how relaxing sewing is. Only problem is, once I get started on something I just keep going & we never get our dining room back unless company comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Glad you can't see mine right now!! Thank you and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!